Science and Technology : MicroChip to Replace Magnet Strip

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Fine1952, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,784
    as long as the change stays inside the card, I'm good with the Discover

[​IMG].

2. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Better hope someone does not get slick and hack terminals and use timestamps as points of reference to access database records along with key logger technology. Basically if it has programming tied to it, it can be hacked. Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, just saying that no one should get complacent on what some say is "secure".

3. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,784
    I can deal with "secure" I rather have a problem with microchip insertion:thinking:into my biological system...

4. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    No doubt, but I take that stance as a given. I don't know in totality who really feels this way, but I for [email protected] sure am not (willingly) going to accept a chip inside of me. I went off of an assumption in my last post that no one else would either. But then again when push comes to shove and when someone is faced with the situation of "comply or die" who will really be about the talk and walk that walk? I guess that is only a question answered at that point in time by the individual when it is all said and done. If that is the course, we will truly recognize the real at that point. Everyone has "lip service" or in internet terms "finger service". I am not stating nothing more on anyone else and you can take me on my word or not, none of that affects me as when I say if it comes to a point of implanting any type of chip in me, it will not happen to me willingly.