Black People : Michelle Rhee Chancellor, District of Columbia Public Schools

please stop it with the straw man.....please

When I say "we" are not accepting "responsibility", I am speaking of the default answer to every black social condition I have heard, "racism/white supremacy" as being the root cause and the insistence that "racism/white supremacy" must be fixed in order to fix these tangible social conditions. Those who embrace the idea that racism/white supremacy must be dealt with prior to breaking the cycle of self-destruction are not accepting responsibility, but are deflecting that responsibility to an unconcerned entity. (racist white people)
again i ask you who are you talking about? who is it that says racism must be fixed before any thing further can be addressed?
i have asked you to back up your assertion many times. you never do that.

again, who is it that says what you say?

it seems to me that you are much more interested in railing against the straw man that you constantly set up than actually solving any problems.

Can you tell us what will work , lot of questions but never no answers
will always be the main factor til someone come up with answers maybe
you can tell us what works or the solution !

I have shared some of my ideas about what will work. I do not have the problems we are discussing in my immediate family, so I can say with certainty that my ideas work for me. The problem, however, have yet to be solved for us as a collective people, and no single solution will work for all people. Therefore, I cannot say with certainty what will work for us as a collective people. But, the difference between me and many others is that I am putting my ideas up for scrutiny and only eliminating those tactics which have proven not to work, while others are not putting up any ideas of their own (or anyone elses) but are eliminating ideas that have proven to work for me and others who employ them. So, they criticize proven or even untested tactics yet have no solutions to offer themselves.

again i ask you who are you talking about? who is it that says racism must be fixed before any thing further can be addressed?
i have asked you to back up your assertion many times. you never do that.

again, who is it that says what you say?

it seems to me that you are much more interested in railing against the straw man that you constantly set up than actually solving any problems.

I have answered this question. Even in the previous post:
"Those who embrace the idea that racism/white supremacy must be dealt with prior to breaking the cycle of self-destruction are not accepting responsibility, but are deflecting that responsibility to an unconcerned entity. (racist white people)"

If you are suggesting that NO ONE fits into that category, then I certainly hope I am wrong and that you are right. Let's assume you are correct, I would be happy to accept that possibility if it means we can continue to discuss this solution without the "strawman" that I THOUGHT was a point of contention.

This brings us back to the original question of this post. Why haven't previous leaders and previous tactics worked in solving the problems in D.C. public schools specifically and in collective academic performance/education levels nationwide for African Americans in general? I think my suggestions concerning breaking the cycle of self-destruction and taking ownership of our problems is the best, if not the only way.

Why haven't previous leaders and previous tactics worked in solving the problems in D.C. public schools specifically and in collective academic performance/education levels nationwide for African Americans in general?

once again you have me at a disadvantage as i know little of the detail of the school system. i do not have any school age children these days.
my child went to a good private school.

in general the schools in philly are bad because the people accept bad schools. this has built up over the years so that now you have poorly educated parents trying to get their children an education when they do not have one themselves.

a two tier system is in place where those who have money or motivation get their children into private schools. the ones left in the public system are those who do not have the wherewithal to get out. it is not really a racial issue because in philly everybody gets a bad education, no matter what colour they are.

this is a city with four brand new state of the art sports stadiums and no new schools.

once again you have me at a disadvantage as i know little of the detail of the school system. i do not have any school age children these days.
my child went to a good private school.

in general the schools in philly are bad because the people accept bad schools. this has built up over the years so that now you have poorly educated parents trying to get their children an education when they do not have one themselves.

a two tier system is in place where those who have money or motivation get their children into private schools. the ones left in the public system are those who do not have the wherewithal to get out. it is not really a racial issue because in philly everybody gets a bad education, no matter what colour they are.

this is a city with four brand new state of the art sports stadiums and no new schools.

Wow! Great observation.

Generally bad schools accepted by the public demonstrates a need for an awakening. This is why I think that unless we address ALL of our problems in one big comprehensive methodical movement, it will be nearly impossible to effect change on the collective level.

I don't think the education problem can be fixed without addressing the family/home problem. If we look at our problems as a "cycle of destruction", we can break that cycle as individuals or as a collective people by removing the individual links within that cycle. My ideas revolve around a comprehensive approach to addressing these issues individually as well as collectively. Of those who are part of our team, we have folks who will focus their efforts on specific links within the cycle of destruction.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back