Khasm13 : michelle obama the slave.....

I found a full view of this cover. (if you haven't seen it)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CE0QFjAI&url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2194542/Spanish-magazine-puts-Michelle-Obamas-head-portrait-topless-slave.html&ei=8NVAUOt46rmLAr2vgNAP&usg=AFQjCNHECYG9TVuncVhgcdNimFMTIxDpMA&sig2=LT1Ln3CUUTxOIuWMJHoEUw&cad=rja

If this was the case,why didn't she pick something more flattering. She took a slave painting and painted Michelle's face in place of the original.

Peace!

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Really appreciate the extra info, thanks Enki.

Peace In,

In my particular view, the representation of an African person as enslaved isn't offensive in the least. African people were enslaved and African people are enslaved. While enslavement is ugly, being enslaved isn't. I would not condemn some of my ancestors for being enslaved and if I were represented as being enslaved I wouldn't be against it. To be enslaved one needs an enslaver. To be reminded that our enslavers still plot, ploy and execute, I find the representation apropos.

In my view Europeans can share whatever views they wish. I never saw a positive thought from them and I do not expect them to ever see one.

In my particular view, the representation of an African person as enslaved isn't offensive in the least. African people were enslaved and African people are enslaved. While enslavement is ugly, being enslaved isn't. I would not condemn some of my ancestors for being enslaved and if I were represented as being enslaved I wouldn't be against it. To be enslaved one needs an enslaver. To be reminded that our enslavers still plot, ploy and execute, I find the representation apropos.

In my view Europeans can share whatever views they wish. I never saw a positive thought from them and I do not expect them to ever see one.

... Very profound and respectable point of view my friend, very profound. Albeit, Michelle's very color dictates which side of the racial fence she resides on; nevertheless, she is now the First Lady of the free world, a relegated high position reflective of our humble beginnings before enslavement.

Peace In,

This is what happens when you have the most beautiful women on this planet. Black women have adapted to everything that has been thrown at them, are smart, sexy, funny, nurturing, and strong. Toss in the fact that they are the mother of humanity, and then you know why the white man is so strung out on her. I know I am.

... smh@Magazine de Fuera de Serie, Helena Andrews got it right though:

But here's what truly disgusting about London, and connects with your recent thread on Britain:
http://destee.com/index.php?threads/22-facts-u-did-not-know-about-britians-culture.73015/

AFRICAN QUEEN

The Real Life of the Hottentot Venus.

By Rachel Holmes.
Illustrated. 161 pp. Random House. $23.95.
elki190.jpg

City of Westminster Archive Center, London/Bridgeman Art Library
“Sartjee, the Hottentot Venus, Now Exhibiting in London, Drawn From Life,” read the caption on this engraving, circa 1810.

The Hottentot Venus, with buttocks of enormous size and with genitalia fabled to be equally disproportionate, was part of this human menagerie. When she arrived in London in 1810, this young woman from South Africa became an overnight sensation in London’s theater of human oddities.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/14/books/review/Elkins.t.html?_r=1

Peace In,
And to this day the sisters of S. Africa have this trait, even the skinny sisters are packing, no lie!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back