Black People Politics : Michelle Obama Tells Young African Leaders: ‘The Blood Of Africa Runs Through My Veins’

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

“The roots of my family tree are in Africa,’ the first lady told the cheering crowd. My husband’s father was born and raised in Kenya. Members of our extended family still live there. I have had the pleasure of traveling to Africa many times over the years, including four trips as First Lady, and I have brought my mother and my daughters along whenever I can.”

Michelle Obama Tells Young African Leaders: ‘The Blood Of Africa Runs Through My Veins

michelle-obama_635x250_1406809618.jpg

Michelle Obama has made some interesting and controversial comments during her tenure as First Lady, seeming never to hold back when it comes to saying the things on her mind. Not such a bad thing, according to some.

The First Lady spoke to 500 young African students at the Presidential Summit for the Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders in Washington today, telling them that Africa means a whole lot to her, personally.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1383153/mi...ca-runs-through-my-veins/#xrZzc6DebLPJWZ4K.99

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1383153/mi...ca-runs-through-my-veins/#xrZzc6DebLPJWZ4K.99

Last edited:

Published on Jul 30, 2014

The First Lady embraced her family's African roots during a speech to the Summit of the Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders.

Michelle Obama: Blood of Africa runs through my veins

:facepalm: ... Its a real big deal, Blackbird ...

Playing me... I will stir the pot a little since I have a little time. My question is "So what?" Big deal... The mighty blood of Africa runs through your veins and mine, too - or shall I say ours as the Black family worldwide!

Last edited:

Michelle Obama, Daughters in Africa to Push Girls' Education

First lady Michelle Obama visited a leadership camp for girls in Liberia to launch her latest Africa visit Monday, urging the teens in one of the world's poorest countries to keep fighting to stay in school ...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/liberians-eager-sister-michelle-obama-40155615

WireAP_621b0f622bb64f2d80da589af3053645_16x9_1600.jpg

U.S. first lady Michelle Obama, centre, is welcomed by Peace Corp teachers and students at a project 70 kilometers (43 miles) from the capital city Monrovia in Kakata, Liberia, Monday, June 27, 2016. Michelle Obama is visiting a leadership camp for girls in Liberia, Monday, the first stop in her latest Africa visit, in a country still recovering from the recent Ebola epidemic that left thousands dead. (AP Photo/Abbas Dulleh)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back