Black People Politics : Michelle Obama Tells Young African Leaders: ‘The Blood Of Africa Runs Through My Veins’

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

“The roots of my family tree are in Africa,’ the first lady told the cheering crowd. My husband’s father was born and raised in Kenya. Members of our extended family still live there. I have had the pleasure of traveling to Africa many times over the years, including four trips as First Lady, and I have brought my mother and my daughters along whenever I can.”

Michelle Obama Tells Young African Leaders: ‘The Blood Of Africa Runs Through My Veins

[​IMG]

Michelle Obama has made some interesting and controversial comments during her tenure as First Lady, seeming never to hold back when it comes to saying the things on her mind. Not such a bad thing, according to some.

The First Lady spoke to 500 young African students at the Presidential Summit for the Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders in Washington today, telling them that Africa means a whole lot to her, personally.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1383153/mi...ca-runs-through-my-veins/#xrZzc6DebLPJWZ4K.99

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1383153/mi...ca-runs-through-my-veins/#xrZzc6DebLPJWZ4K.99

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Playing me... I will stir the pot a little since I have a little time. My question is "So what?" Big deal... The mighty blood of Africa runs through your veins and mine, too - or shall I say ours as the Black family worldwide!

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Published on Jul 30, 2014

The First Lady embraced her family's African roots during a speech to the Summit of the Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders.

Michelle Obama: Blood of Africa runs through my veins

:facepalm: ... Its a real big deal, Blackbird ...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
  5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Michelle Obama, Daughters in Africa to Push Girls' Education

First lady Michelle Obama visited a leadership camp for girls in Liberia to launch her latest Africa visit Monday, urging the teens in one of the world's poorest countries to keep fighting to stay in school ...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/liberians-eager-sister-michelle-obama-40155615

[​IMG]

U.S. first lady Michelle Obama, centre, is welcomed by Peace Corp teachers and students at a project 70 kilometers (43 miles) from the capital city Monrovia in Kakata, Liberia, Monday, June 27, 2016. Michelle Obama is visiting a leadership camp for girls in Liberia, Monday, the first stop in her latest Africa visit, in a country still recovering from the recent Ebola epidemic that left thousands dead. (AP Photo/Abbas Dulleh)

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    Much needed First Lady, thank you for this.

Michelle Obama Visits Liberia with Daughters Sasha and Malia to Push for Girls' Education: 'I'm Here to Shine a Big, Bright Light on You'

... The Obamas were greeted by members of the Liberian traditional council and senior members of the Liberian government, before the first lady headed off to meet with President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, a vocal education advocate and the first elected female head of state in Africa.

Obama then travelled to Kakata, Liberia, to visit Camp GLOW (Girls Leading Our World), a girls' leadership camp sponsored by the Peace Corps ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michelle-obama-visits-liberia-daughters-223007603.html

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    Don't them Sisters look good Framily ... Rhetorical of course. Nothing but Black folk in that pic ...

Michelle Obama begins three-nation trip with visit to Liberia to advocate for girls’ education

Michelle Obama was greeted by traditional dancers wearing red, white and blue as she arrived Monday in Liberia — the first stop of a three-nation tour promoting girls’ education around the world, the cause she plans to carry on after she leaves the White House in January ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...dd5fb4-3a53-11e6-a254-2b336e293a3c_story.html

[​IMG]
    Michelle Obama arrives at Robert International Airport near Harbel, Liberia, on Monday, with her daughters Sasha and Malia and her mother, Marian Robinson. (Thierry Gouegnon/Reuters)