Black Positive People : Michelle Obama on Race, First Female President, Her Bangs

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Michelle Obama on Race, First Female President, Her Bangs

Two weeks before the 50th anniversary of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, first lady Michelle Obama says that having an African-American family in the White House “expands the scope of opportunity” for the next generation and has “absolutely” moved the needle when it comes to race in the United States.
“Children born in the last eight years will only know an African-American man being president of the United States,” the first lady said in an interview with Parade Magazine. “That changes the bar for all of our children, regardless of their race, their sexual orientation, their gender.”
The first lady made one thing crystal clear: She will not be running for that position or any other.
Obama, who turns 50 in January, said she has “never felt more confident in myself, more clear on who I am as a woman.”

suggested reading:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...ama-on-race-first-female-president-her-bangs/

You go Mrs. Michelle Obama ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back