Black Parenting : Michelle Obama on Facebook: I'm 'not a big fan of young kids having' it during 'Today

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Amnat77, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dec 11, 2006
    +2,620 / -2
    The First Lady frets about her kids and Facebook, not her wardrobe. She obsesses over French fries, wishes her hubby wore more colorful shirts - and assures us he's not dyeing his hair.

"No, no - he's pretty gray," Michelle Obama said Wednesday in a wide-ranging NBC "Today" show interview. "I think that if he had known he would be President, he would have started dyeing his hair like 10 years ago."

The First Lady said she won't let her daughters have Facebook pages.

"[Facebook] is not something they need," she said - and joked that she could change her mind when they hit 40. "Maybe we'll talk about it."

"I'm not a big fan of young kids having Facebook."

Still she hopes 12-year-old Malia and 9-year-old Sa
    sha can enjoy a normal childhood despite all the White House hoopla.

"If you talk to our kids, they're really very normal," she said. "We recognize them.... People who come and visit, they look and go, 'These are the little girls we've known.' So we're just going to stay vigilant."

She shrugged off criticism of the White House Super Bowl party, where the children's health advocate served up gut-busting treats from buffalo wings to deep-dish pizza.

"Life is about good food - at least in America," said the First Lady, adding the key was balancing your diet.

"I do talk openly about my obsession with French fries, because I want people to understand the changes that we have to make in our lives are not wholesale changes," she said.

The 47-year-old First Lady said she shrugs off criticism of her husband, and is ready for a bruising 2012 reelection campaign.

"He's got a thick skin," she said of her husband of 18 years. "And he's focused on a set of goals."

The steadiness comes despite his decision to quit smoking a year ago. How did the President do it?

Read more:
  2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Nov 17, 2006
    Home Page:
    +11,761 / -10
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

Michelle Obama on Facebook: I'm 'not a big fan of young kids having' it during 'Today...The First Lady...for real-straight talk