Black People Politics : Michelle Obama: I Didn't Believe America Was Ready For A Black President

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
So true, not even blacks were ready :facepalm:

Michelle Obama: I Didn't Believe America Was Ready For A Black President

Donald Trump’s presidency and the rise of the far right has in some circles been seen as a direct response to two terms of progressive policies under Barack Obama.

But Michelle Obama told author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie that it was “ridiculous” to think her husband’s administration “was going to erase hundreds of years of history in eight years.”

https://news.yahoo.com/michelle-obama-didn-apos-t-143930434.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_05

Lee Moran
HuffPost

So true, not even blacks were ready :facepalm:

Michelle Obama: I Didn't Believe America Was Ready For A Black President

Donald Trump’s presidency and the rise of the far right has in some circles been seen as a direct response to two terms of progressive policies under Barack Obama.

But Michelle Obama told author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie that it was “ridiculous” to think her husband’s administration “was going to erase hundreds of years of history in eight years.”

https://news.yahoo.com/michelle-obama-didn-apos-t-143930434.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_05

Lee Moran
HuffPost

Framing Obama as progressive whether in his policies or rhetoric is only yet another way of moving the so called center of politics farther to the right than they already are. Obama was never a progressive. Not on the campaign trail and not as POTUS. He was always, bless his capitalist heart, just another shakily left leaning centrist at best. And I might add, that was from the so called centrist position that had already been moved to the right during the Clinton years.
The back lash from white America on the amount of the melanin content of his skin is of worthy consideration but is really an entirely separate issue from what progressive politics is or what progressive would look like in practice.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back