Black Positive People : Michelle Obama helps break world record for jumping jacks

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Michelle Obama helps break world record for jumping jacks

[​IMG]

Michelle Obama has earned her family another place in history. This time, Mrs. Obama will share the honor with more than 300,000 other participants who in October set the record for most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.

The previous world record was just 20,000.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/michelle-obama-breaks-world-record-jumping-jacks-180606261.html

If you can't love Mr. Obama, you gotta love his wife, Mrs. Obama, a true Capricorn lady covering all the bases...Isn't she lovely?

Peace In,

2. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Mrs.Obama has made so many strides and accomplishments as our first lady. It will take a min. for any other first lady to catch up...(im speaking of physical contributions)...none did before! She's fearless and awesome!!!

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    ...and absolutely beautiful too.

Man! This reminds me of one of my first big victories when i was nine years old. I had gotten First Place and a blue ribbon for winning the jump rope contest...but then days later, I ended up on crutches and then my lungs collapsed and I ended up being hospitalized for over a month due to having double pneumonia...

but that blue ribbon was an experience that always caused me to strive to be 'a healthy' competitor all throughout my life from then on. Now though, I need to get up from this computer and do something.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    That is absolutely wonderful! :toast:

OVER 300, 000 people!........WOW!

Here's more from the website:

Let's Move Cities & Towns Recognition: Nashville

Posted by Anton J. Gunn, HHS Regional Director, Region IV-Southeast on December 08, 2011

[​IMG]
    Copyright Metropolitan Government of Nashville/Gary Layda.
    5,000 people. 360 teams. Five kilometers. One goal.
    As a part of the Let's Move! Cities, Towns, and Counties initiative, Nashville’s Mayor Karl Dean decided to take an active role in helping make his city healthier. He pledged to engage Tennesseans in healthier lifestyles by creating healthy and active communities in Nashville. This past spring he launched the Walk 100 Miles with the Mayor challenge. Between April and July 2011, more than 4,000 Nashville residents walked more than 105,000 miles around Nashville’s parks and greenways with Mayor Dean. More than 500 of the participants met or exceed the 100-mile goal!
    To continue the momentum, Mayor Dean hosted a 5K Walk/Run in Nashville on November 13th. More than 5,000 Nashville kids, parents, brothers, sisters, wives, and husbands participated in over 360 teams. The 5K Walk/Run was part of NashVitality, an initiative focused on creating healthy, active, and green communities in Nashville that was made possible through American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. In the months leading up to the 5K, Mayor Dean invited Nashville families to participate in training groups at local YMCA’s at no cost.
    The runners and walkers were encouraged by supportive friends, family members, and fellow residents every step of the race. The crowd became a source of inspiration for the participants, including Mayor Dean, who used that positive enforcement to finish the 5K. As reported in the Tennessean, “If the crowd wasn’t there on that last uphill, I would’ve stopped and walked,” Mayor Dean said.....

http://www.letsmove.gov/blog/2011/12/08/lets-move-cities-towns-recognition-nashville

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

.......Good stuff butterfly#1, would you post and share some of those accomplishments here?

Peace In,

6. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    The first Black first lady will go down in history for.......I'm sorry but it sounds something from a racist skit from "30 Rock"

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

.......Thanks sister cherryblossom, we can always depend on you to bring more to the table, love it....thanks again.

Peace In,

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

........I can sorta feel you on this, although I'm unfamiliar with 30 Rock. From my view, its a first and media is gonna have to learn how to deal with all this blackness; hopefully for another 4 yrs...:1on1:

Peace In,

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Thanks, Bro. Clyde....But, I aint called the "Thread-ologist" for nuthin' round here. :lol:

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

.......Yep ROFL, old boy hot ain't he....don named the Chat Room too, lol....

Peace In,