Black Relationships : Michael Vick Gives Partner Herpes, being sued!

Destee said:
Hello Family,

Yesterday in Brother OldSoul's class ... the topic was "How Cointelpro Destroyed Us" ... he spoke to things just like this. We talked about how many Black folk who had gained any level of notable consideration or influence, were brought down by the simple "leaking of a story." Unfortunately, once the story is leaked, the person's credibility is damaged ... no matter if they are guilty or not.

Brother OldSoul talked about the breakfast programs run by The Black Panther Party, and how at the height of this effort, coloring books were distributed to many in the communities, talking about how the money was being used for this or that, or the sincerity of the effort wasn't what was presented ... and many of the supporters of the breakfast program ... as a direct result of reading the propaganda distributed, quit supporting the effort. The coloring books were made to appear as though they were created by The Black Panther Party. Great pains were taken, to make all the lies, look like truth. I know i'm not telling the story exactly as Brother OldSoul told it, but i think yall get my drift. I hope i've not told it too wrong.

We also talked about many of the Black folk who have been brought down, as a result of someone "saying something." True or not, it really makes no difference, as once it's out, the damage is done. We talked about the Honorable Marcus Garvey, and how just being put in prison, hindered his effort in so many ways, but notably, by attempting to destroy his credibility with the very people he loved and worked so hard to help.

We must be careful and not become the very thing we say we hate.

The power is within us, to heal us.

:heart:

Destee

Couldn't have said it better, Destee! And Khasm is absolutely on point, as well, as we are a people who seem to believe everything we read in the White man's newspapers is the gospel truth... We seem not to have learned a damned thing about this masta of the trick after all of these 500 years of his subterfuge, perfidy, and downright dirtiness... Lawd have mercy on our souls...

Peace!
Isaiah

I don't understand why the young lady in question is being bashed or has to be labled as a gold digger. From what I've read, it doesn't say or seem that she was just a one night stand, or somebody he picked up somewhere. If the article is true and they were having a close personal relationship, and she waited so long before having sex with the man, doesn't it stand to reason that she thought she knew him, and trusted him to share herself with him....He should've been honest with her because it alleges that he KNEW he had it. I don't care how much $$ u may or may not have, whether you're oprah, trump, pookie or ray ray from down da block, u have no right to play with somebody's health/life like that.

Chaclit1 said:
I don't understand why the young lady in question is being bashed or has to be labled as a gold digger. From what I've read, it doesn't say or seem that she was just a one night stand, or somebody he picked up somewhere. If the article is true and they were having a close personal relationship, and she waited so long before having sex with the man, doesn't it stand to reason that she thought she knew him, and trusted him to share herself with him....He should've been honest with her because it alleges that he KNEW he had it. I don't care how much $$ u may or may not have, whether you're oprah, trump, pookie or ray ray from down da block, u have no right to play with somebody's health/life like that.

...........................And you expect big money makers to always tell the truth? We are in the generation and ages where being committed to ladies as a big money maker is worthless! Please give me a list of big money making athletes who have a lady that they are committed to, and NEVER cheated on. There was a special on ESPN last year about women who stood outside of the hotel rooms waiting for the players. They chose not to have their faces viewed so that athletes and other people do not recognize them, and some of those females admitted sleeping with certain players that were married. Why can't we learn from each other's mistakes? I trust that after this accusation, there should be no more "I slept with him, then found out he had STD's" cases right? I hope she learned her lesson, and every other female out there learned from both of them. There are certain things that you should think about BEFORE you make a committment to someone right or wrong? What is wrong with allowing God to choose your mate? Instead of taking it into your own hands? You should make sure you know the person well enough BEFORE you commit to them right or wrong? Did she ask him when she met him if he had any STD's? Did she try to find out for herself? She made a choice to be with him, then she made a choice to move to Atlanta to be closer to him. YOU HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHOICES YOU MAKE before you go off blaming people.

CD

Chaclit1 said:

Sister Chaclit1 ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

i don't believe anyone is bashing the Sister, or labeling her as a gold digger ... at least i aint.

When a person begins to disparage the character of another, which she and this lawsuit does, it leaves their motives open to speculation ... that's all folk are doing ... speculating about him and her ... since none of us know the truth. It reminds me of the phrase, when you dig one grave, you gotta dig two ... (or sump'n like that) ... the point is ... you can't tear someone else down, without that act being a reflection on you.

This brings up another point regarding cointelpro and the tactics associated with it. Someone says ugly things about another, and i'd imagine when White folk were doing it, they were crafty enough to never let it look like them (individually) ... so no "dirt" really stayed on them ... but when Black folk do it ... we don't even have sense enough to throw the rock and run and hide. ... (hmmmm ... massa must notta taught us this part) ... No, we stand rite there ... brazen and bold ... with a few more rocks in our hands to throw, looking krazee, never realizing that we too, the rock throwers, will be tainted too. So not only do we lose the respect and appreciation for the one person, we also lose it for the other. Cointelpro at it's best, killing 2 Black folk with one stone.

Like Brother Isaiah said above ... We seem not to have learned a damned thing about this masta of the trick after all of these 500 years of his subterfuge, perfidy, and downright dirtiness... Lawd have mercy on our souls...

Sister Chaclit1 ... i have a question for you ... k ?

If you choose to have sex with pookie, ray ray, or trump ... and you get a sexually transmitted disease ... who's ultimately responsible for that, you or them?

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back