Black Relationships : Michael Vick Gives Partner Herpes, being sued!

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by PoeticManifesta, Apr 10, 2005.

1. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    What yall think.. Michael Vick being sued for giving partner Herpes, after she waited 2 years to have sex with him. Shes never been married, no kids, and no past STD's. With a very successful. Heres the complete story, and deposistion. The whole story

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Why is this even in the media?

I see this as another slap in the face of black men, our sexual virility, and the myth that we are filthy and diseased by nature....so sistaz must avoid us and choose white men if they want to be safe.

No doubt, the feminists are whipping up articles right now to tie this story in with thier Dow-Low Bruthaz campaign to further demonized black men.

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    This is crazy. You can't sue someone for giving you an STD because you're just as responsible for contracting it if you have unprotected sex outside of a marriage.

However, he was still very wrong in not telling her he had the disease.

4. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Again, wait till the court proceedings to determine whether he did as alleged. Do anyone know that Anthony Anderson and the guy that was with him was CLEARED of rape charges last year? I did not know that until someone posted an article from the local Memphis TN newspaper writing of it on another board I am on a few months back. How many of you know that, since that bit of news was NOT as trumpeted when Mr Anderson and the other guy was arrested-charged with rape? Not saying that is gonna be the situation with Michael Vick if he is innocent-think about it.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    That is pretty much the way I view this story. No one forced her to have unprotected sex. More than likely she wanted to get pregnant, and a big child support check along with it. Instead she "allegedly" got herpes instead....oh well, as a health care professional, she should have known better. Would she be suing if she contracted herpies from a man who wasn't a multi-millionaire? Somehow I doubt it!

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I heard about this story last week. I thought about posting it, but then I remembered that this can ONLY happen if you are rich and famous. Sistahs want to complain about how they want their men to have MONEY, but then when she does not get any of it, she wants to cry rape, or disease, or whatever. This sickens me, and that is exactly why when I get big money, I am waiting and weighing my options, no sexual contact at all.

CD

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Has this been proven yet??? If it has not been proven, then we should not be putting headlines up as if it was... These are serious charges that besmirch a man's reputation, and it is truly sad if we are jumping to conclusions before all the evidence is in... If he did pass on this STD to this sister, then I hope she gets whatever is coming from the lawsuit... If not...

Peace!
    isaiah

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Has this been proven yet??? If it has not been proven, then we should not be putting headlines up as if it was... These are serious charges that besmirch a man's reputation, and it is truly sad if we are jumping to conclusions before all the evidence is in... If he did pass on this STD to this sister, then I hope she gets whatever is coming from the lawsuit... If not...got to agree with Pan on this one...

Peace!
    isaiah

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hello Family,

Yesterday in Brother OldSoul's class ... the topic was "How Cointelpro Destroyed Us" ... he spoke to things just like this. We talked about how many Black folk who had gained any level of notable consideration or influence, were brought down by the simple "leaking of a story." Unfortunately, once the story is leaked, the person's credibility is damaged ... no matter if they are guilty or not.

Brother OldSoul talked about the breakfast programs run by The Black Panther Party, and how at the height of this effort, coloring books were distributed to many in the communities, talking about how the money was being used for this or that, or the sincerity of the effort wasn't what was presented ... and many of the supporters of the breakfast program ... as a direct result of reading the propaganda distributed, quit supporting the effort. The coloring books were made to appear as though they were created by The Black Panther Party. Great pains were taken, to make all the lies, look like truth. I know i'm not telling the story exactly as Brother OldSoul told it, but i think yall get my drift. I hope i've not told it too wrong.

We also talked about many of the Black folk who have been brought down, as a result of someone "saying something." True or not, it really makes no difference, as once it's out, the damage is done. We talked about the Honorable Marcus Garvey, and how just being put in prison, hindered his effort in so many ways, but notably, by attempting to destroy his credibility with the very people he loved and worked so hard to help.

We must be careful and not become the very thing we say we hate.

The power is within us, to heal us.

:heart:

Destee

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    tru indeed destee...but even if we stopped da white man from leaking stories such as this...black folks are some of the most gossip'n folks on this earth...i know cause i work for the school board in chicago...any woman that let's a professional athlete have unprotected sex with them is just asking for trouble or has another motive...i feel bad for the woman in question, but her actions brought this upon herself...if mike vic did do this, he deserves to be bashed in the media....ron mexico?...:lol: