Black Entertainment : MICHAEL JACKSON vs PRINCE

I agree with what was said here. Record sales do not denote who is a better musician. I still enjoy much of Michael's music, but when I reached 30, I found that Prince offered my ears a deeper level of lyrics and musical acrobatics. I didn't appreciate Prince in the years of Purple Rain, but I love 3121, and some older hits like Diamonds and Pearls, The Most Beautiful Girl, etc... Definately, I think that Prince has much more music knowledge. Hands down. Mike is a great entertainer, but did not compose his own music that I know of - it was written by Q Jones and other heavies in the industry.

That's just my piece.

As i read this thread i felt like there were mind readers here. I 'm a child of the 80's and 90's so not totally connected with either before then, however I would have to agree. prince is my personal favorite of the two mostly because of his artistry. I can appreciate his his talent song writing instrumentals and his singing and far as mj I like his videos and his dancing.

I have to agree with phynxofkmt on the point that their similarities are few. I personally prefer mike. Like oceolo I find mike's music the more memorable and it does leave a longer impression on the listener and when it comes to an escape mike provides more so than prince. Prince like some have said is a deeper lyracist than mike, but then again thats what makes them different. Wheni need to feel good and just shake my head a little mike will never dissappoint. Prince is what i listen to when I want to sit and seriously "listen" to a pice of music or an album. But as I said i prefer mike, but i love both., how can you not:huh:

think im going to go put on some mike now:dj:

I agree with what was said here. Record sales do not denote who is a better musician. I still enjoy much of Michael's music, but when I reached 30, I found that Prince offered my ears a deeper level of lyrics and musical acrobatics. I didn't appreciate Prince in the years of Purple Rain, but I love 3121, and some older hits like Diamonds and Pearls, The Most Beautiful Girl, etc... Definately, I think that Prince has much more music knowledge. Hands down. Mike is a great entertainer, but did not compose his own music that I know of - it was written by Q Jones and other heavies in the industry.

That's just my piece.

You must be young or have a bad memeory . Mike has composed several songs Including Don't stop till you get enough , Billie Jean , and Wanna be startin something . Record sales does mean something . It means more people wanted to buy Mike 's music rather than prince's music . Song writing doesnt really tell you who is better because it's up to the performer to take that music and make it come alive and Mike's onstage skills are clearly better than Prince's skills.

Wow this debate has gone on for as long as I can remember. I think that both are great artist for different reasons. I will not say that one is better than the other. I love that Prince knows how to play so many instruments. And MJ is just awesome period. Both have music that I love so to me they are both great artist.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back