uzoka

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 4, 2003
Australia
Occupation
writer
Mathaba.net

Michael Jackson and the Black Nation of Islam

He has spent years attempting to obliterate any trace of his African-American roots. So why, since his arrest, is Michael Jackson suddenly so keen to embrace the black community? Gary Younge reports on the singer's unexpected racial conversion

When Michael Jackson wrote the lyrics "But if you're thinkin' about my baby/It don't matter if you're black or white" in his hit single Black or White, he could claim significant expertise. Jackson has had a fair crack at being both. First there was the African-American child star from Gary, Indiana - which became the most segregated city in America - who was the ethnic and aesthetic antithesis of the white-skinned, white-bread Osmonds.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

www.mathaba.net

< < Edited by Destee > >

Brother Uzoka ... Thank you for sharing, but posting entire articles without the owner's permission is against our forum rules. I've edited the piece above, leaving a few sentences and links to the sites the article can be found on. It was a little difficult getting to the article on Mathaba.net but i did a search and found it on Guardian's web site, and linked to it also.

Again, thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back