Black People Politics : Mexico's President slip of tonque reveals the truth about US immigration philosophy!

karmashines said:
For the overwhelming majority of the cases I've typed up, most of the immigrants who didn't do anything illegal were ordered removed. Granted, they can appeal the decision, but usually it's to no avail.

Did they actually leave, or did the INS just send out a letter? The INS will send out a letter requesting the "vistor" who stayed beyond their legally allowed time limit leave the country; however, they will not enforce this letter. I read an immigration lawyer in New York who writes a weekly advice column in the NY Daily news. In one particular wee's column, he gave advice to an illegal immigrant not to follow a deportation letter, because the INS rarely enforces them. I will do a search and post it on here (it was over a year ago, so it might take me awhile). Also I live with a whole heck of a lot of folk who received such letters, but still manage to beat me out of a parking space 4 out of 7 days a week!

I will continue to look, but here is an article that suggest some of what I stated

Immigration and Citizenship
For Release Sunday, January 20, 2002

by Allan Wernick, J.D

The INS Adds 314,000 Names to the NCIC List

Who are the 314,000 “absconders” whose names the Immigration and Naturalization Service says it’s been putting in the FBI database, the NCIC? Few, if any, are terrorists. A small percentage have criminal records. Most are overstayed visitors, asylum applicants who lost their cases, and people who entered the United States illegally. Under the INS plan, law-enforcement officials, including the local police, will be looking for these deportable immigrants and turning them over to the INS. Immigrants throughout the United States are fearful of arrest and deportation. Is this fear justified? How did these individuals get on this list? How is it that they are at large?

The new policy won’t affect most of the estimated 8 million undocumented immigrants in the United States. The absconders are individuals who have already been through the complicated and often lengthy deportation (now called removal) process. Someone not yet ordered deported by an immigration judge is not at risk.

Most people end up in removal proceedings in one of three ways: Some are referred to removal proceedings after the INS denies their application for asylum, permanent residence or citizenship. These individuals are rarely detained. Others are picked up in factory investigations. These poor, hardworking souls are usually detained, but often get released on bond. Finally, we have those with criminal records, many picked up right from jail. “Criminal aliens” are often detained without bond and remain detained until they either win their case or are deported.

When an immigration judge orders a person removed, it is up to the INS to enforce that order. Those already in INS custody are sent home as soon as the INS gets travel papers from the detainee’s home country. Those out on bond either leave on their own or receive a letter from the INS asking them to appear for deportation. If they fail to appear, they are considered absconders, and, until now, the INS did little to find them.

http://www.allanwernick.com/articles/synd_2002_01_20.htm

panafrica said:
Did they actually leave, or did the INS just send out a letter? The INS will send out a letter requesting the "vistor" who stayed beyond their legally allowed time limit leave the country; however, they will not enforce this letter. I read an immigration lawyer in New York who writes a weekly advice column in the NY Daily news. In one particular wee's column, he gave advice to an illegal immigrant not to follow a deportation letter, because the INS rarely enforces them. I will do a search and post it on here (it was over a year ago, so it might take me awhile). Also I live with a whole heck of a lot of folk who received such letters, but still manage to beat me out of a parking space 4 out of 7 days a week!

Most of the cases I've done they were taken to court and ordered removed. The most they could do to get out of their situation was to appeal the judge's decision. Those who decided not to respond got ordered removed in absentia.

As far as the article, most of the cases I've done pretty much matches what it says... quite a few asylum cases. The ones that I've done where the immigrant committed a crime were usually legal permanent residents. However, it is outdated in what INS does because INS doesn't control immigration anymore; the Department of Homeland Security does.

Hodee

Respect

The United States government is willing to break its own laws and allow illegal immigrants to be here because the rich must have their strawberries. The hotels must be cleaned. Members of Congress have illegal citizens cleaning and cooking in their homes. Raising their children and babysitting. They know so many do this, it would cause a great hardship and they are so in need and selfish that they are willing to risk breaking the law to satisfy their own desires. More were let in for Bushes two elections and promised citizenship, Fox knew this. Before they were brought in the Democrats always won and had the White House. In the eighty’s they changed that by allowing the illegal citizens in to beat that.

My mother cleaned hotel rooms in the sixty’s. All of the women were black. My mother even worked several years in a home and did the cooking and cleaning like Hispanics now do in white households. After the civil rights bus boycott. They decided to punish us and get some one that they could better control. Now the average citizen ( whites ) is complaining. So eventually the law will have to be obeyed. That is why it is an issue now.

Well said brutha Hodee....

They're just new slaves brought in to replace us.

Also illegal Mexican immigrants are being given green-cards to sign up for the military and fight in Iraq and Afganistan.

There's no telling how many Mexicans have been killed overseas because no official records of their existance are being kept.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back