Black People Politics : Mexico's President slip of tonque reveals the truth about US immigration philosophy!

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by panafrica, May 16, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050515/us_nm/mexico_usa_dc_5

2. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Several "black leaders" were angered over Fox's remarks; however, I think he put the US attitude towards illegal immigration in its proper perspective. The US has always desired cheap labor to maximize profits. African Americans have historically supplied this type of labor first as slaves, later as sharecroppers. Blacks in America have been expected to work the most menial, lowest paid jobs. The Civil Rights Movement was largely a rejection of this expectation. We essentially were telling the US government, that we no longer wanted to work the lowest paid, and least prestigious jobs. The response to our refusal to do this, was to bring in immigrants to do this work instead. In other words, to bring in people to replace us!

I find no reason to get "angry" at Mexico's President, he is telling what this system is all about! President Bush also tried to sell temporary work permits for illegals based on the idea that these "hard working" people do jobs no other American want to do. What "Americans" was he referring to? African Americans! Make no mistake about that! I do find it ironic that instead of providing jobs for his people; Fox instead is petitioning America to not only keep the estimated 12 million illegal Mexian immigrants already in the country (I'm sure this is a gross underestimate), but to take on millions more. These people who are suppose to be valuable to the United States are not wanted in their own country. Mexico is literally sending the US their garbage, and we are suppose to be happy with it! In the meantime there aren't enough decent paying jobs in the US as it is, and illegal labor is driving wages even lower. This sounds like something you might want to write your Congressperson about!!

3. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Fox, who took office in 2000, has made a top priority of reaching an accord with Washington to make it easier for Mexicans to live and work there. There are an estimated 10 million to 12 million illegal Mexican immigrants in the United States.

Why not take the easiest road to attaining his objective?
    The easiest and quikest way to become American is to hate African American!

Now the easy road for Hispanics will be much easier.

I'm sorry to "Our" people of color friends....

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Well sister Happy69, Mexicans don't exactly need the incentive of US citizenship in order to hate African Americans.

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    too friggin typical!

grab something out of all the stuff someone said and raise a stink about it.

"distraction therapy".

are they, then, not doing jobs that Black folks would rather not do? are Black folks complaining because these low paying jobs are being "taken away"?

is the statement true or not? where are the "ominous racial overtones"? was it because a non-white person spoke this truth about white people denying jobs to that same group of non-white people by using another group of non-white people as an example? would the "Real Americans" (Native Americans) have jumped on this if they had been the example given? or would that thought lead one to other sorts of stereotypical thoughts/remarks with "ominous racial overtones"?

gawd i hate people; just flat flippin stupid! (hint: one can't do or be anything in this country unless white people sign off on it. how much credence could that possibly give to anybody that suggests that non-white people can do better ... which would take some little bit of resources away from white people? duh ... smh)

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    white america is hooked on slave labor.

apparently this great capitalist system will not work unless someone is willing to provide labor at slave wages.
    whites travel the globe seeking out slaves.
    if blacks don't want to be slaves, well there's the Asians and the Hispanics.

the entire white economic model is built on slave wages.
    cheap labor and cheap gas.

i can't wait until it collapses.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    So true, James, so true...

Peace!
    Isaiah

8. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Well the idea of cheap gas is on its way out, but dont see how this will help us.

9. Jasel

Jasel Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    That was pretty stupid. The last thing we need at this point in time is even more immigrants draining the country of the economy. They might provide an excellent source of cheap labor but it costs billions of dollars just to support them. I think he needs to worry about why so many Mexicans are trying to leave Mexico instead of trying to worry about how to make it easier for them too.

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I think El Presidente needs to be concentrate on that also...well said Jasel! If no one else has done so, welcome to Destee.com.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mexican president slip