Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Metu Neter Book Discussion - Author's Preface

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
A number of you expressed a desire to give each section of our discussion its own thread. Therefore this thread will be dedicated to the Author's Preface. To avoid confucion and keep the integrity of the structure of thos discuss please do not discuss and other section of the bood in this thread unless you're making a brief mention as it relates to this section.

Here are the first questions based on the Author's Preface. Please read the preface before joining the discussions. It would also be helpful if you jot down your ideas beforehand so everyone will have something to bring to the table thus reducing the occurance of "group think." During the discussion you may change your ideas but first have some ideas to change.

Your answers should be substantiated by what is in the book. However they can also show your own independent thoughts.

1. Why don't ideas about religion/science constitute a religion/science?
2. Why was the white race so slow/reluctant to acquire the knowledge the Black and oriental races already had?
3. How is reading this book different from going to a museum?

The structure of this discussion is open. You can discuss one question at a time (recommended) or have several going on at once. So that nothing is missed I suggest doing one question st a time then when everyone is satisfied go to the next question.

Thanks for the opportunity to flow!

river said:
A number of you expressed a desire to give each section of our discussion its own thread. Therefore this thread will be dedicated to the Author's Preface. To avoid confucion and keep the integrity of the structure of thos discuss please do not discuss and other section of the bood in this thread unless you're making a brief mention as it relates to this section.

Here are the first questions based on the Author's Preface. Please read the preface before joining the discussions. It would also be helpful if you jot down your ideas beforehand so everyone will have something to bring to the table thus reducing the occurance of "group think." During the discussion you may change your ideas but first have some ideas to change.

Your answers should be substantiated by what is in the book. However they can also show your own independent thoughts.

2. Why was the white race so slow/reluctant to acquire the knowledge the Black and oriental races already had?

The structure of this discussion is open. You can discuss one question at a time (recommended) or have several going on at once. So that nothing is missed I suggest doing one question st a time then when everyone is satisfied go to the next question.

Thanks for the opportunity to flow!

According to the book, for a religion/science to truly be worthy of such a label, the ideas taught must acknowledge the unity of 'reality' (our physical world), and the supernatural. This is at least my interpretation of what the book means by nature being shaped by a "unified working of a multiplicity of agencies." Most religious and scientific ideas from white/Western civilizations only analyze one side of the equation.... they fail to acknowledge all entities and occurrences that make the world function.

White/Western civilization failed to acknowledge the 'unified multiplicity of agencies' in favor of believing only the 'logical.' And though their religion, (Christianity, Judaism, etc.) does a better job of trying to grasp the concept of how some parts of the supernatural relates to reality, (as these religions do talk about spiritual beings such as God, angels and demons), it does not encompass the whole spectrum because it encourages the individual to deny what they know as truth. For example, how many times have orthodox Christians said that even they can't grasp how a loving God could do the things he did in the Old Testament? Yet, instead of questioning those passages, as their spirits/hearts are leading them to do, they just blindy accept it because their religion teaches that doing otherwise will send them to hell.

The book is meant to give the Divine Plan as a system to be lived, not something to be entertained by. When you go to a musuem, the facts you learn do not stick, especially for anything long-term.

In addition, museums present only the logical side of the equation... rarely do they acknowledge the "unified working of a multiplicity of agencies." The author says that in addition to presenting historical facts, he is giving his words through 20 years as practicing Kemetician priest. To me this means that he will be emphasizing the spiritual, which cannot be presented in a museum.

karmashines said:

According to the book, for a religion/science to truly be worthy of such a label, the ideas taught must acknowledge the unity of 'reality' (our physical world), and the supernatural. This is at least my interpretation of what the book means by nature being shaped by a "unified working of a multiplicity of agencies." Most religious and scientific ideas from white/Western civilizations only analyze one side of the equation.... they fail to acknowledge all entities and occurrences that make the world function.

White/Western civilization failed to acknowledge the 'unified multiplicity of agencies' in favor of believing only the 'logical.' And though their religion, (Christianity, Judaism, etc.) does a better job of trying to grasp the concept of how some parts of the supernatural relates to reality, (as these religions do talk about spiritual beings such as God, angels and demons), it does not encompass the whole spectrum because it encourages the individual to deny what they know as truth. For example, how many times have orthodox Christians said that even they can't grasp how a loving God could do the things he did in the Old Testament? Yet, instead of questioning those passages, as their spirits/hearts are leading them to do, they just blindy accept it because their religion teaches that doing otherwise will send them to hell.

The book is meant to give the Divine Plan as a system to be lived, not something to be entertained by. When you go to a musuem, the facts you learn do not stick, especially for anything long-term.

In addition, museums present only the logical side of the equation... rarely do they acknowledge the "unified working of a multiplicity of agencies." The author says that in addition to presenting historical facts, he is giving his words through 20 years as practicing Kemetician priest. To me this means that he will be emphasizing the spiritual, which cannot be presented in a museum.
Thanks Karmashines. It's great to read and learn together.

Since I asked the questions I will wait to hear from Elder James before putting in my 2 cents.

One thing I would like to ask you to elaborate on what you mean by "logical." You seem to put it in opposition to spirituality and unified multiplicity which leads me to think maybe another word might convey your meaning more accurately.

river said:
Thanks Karmashines. It's great to read and learn together.

Since I asked the questions I will wait to hear from Elder James before putting in my 2 cents.

One thing I would like to ask you to elaborate on what you mean by "logical." You seem to put it in opposition to spirituality and unified multiplicity which leads me to think maybe another word might convey your meaning more accurately.

Logical for me consists of one or both of the following elements:

1) A set of occurrences that society has deemed logical because a 'scholar' has said so.
2) Something that conforms with the 'reality' of our physical existence.... this means that its manifestation would be the same for all 'sane' people in a particular society.

karmashines said:
Logical for me consists of one or both of the following elements:

1) A set of occurrences that society has deemed logical because a 'scholar' has said so.
2) Something that conforms with the 'reality' of our physical existence.... this means that its manifestation would be the same for all 'sane' people in a particular society.
I'm thinking "empirical" might be a more precise word at least according to your second definition.

For the first definition brotha anAfrican used a word for that but I can't remember it Shame on me.