Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Metu Neter and You

Amnat77 said:
Do initiates/readers of the metu neter read the cards themselves or do they consult a reader?
there seems to be a movement afoot to have people read themselves. everyone is doing their own thing.
i do not agree with that. i will always consult a priest for a reading.

jamesfrmphilly said:
there seems to be a movement afoot to have people read themselves. everyone is doing their own thing.
i do not agree with that. i will always consult a priest for a reading.

I agree; traditionally, consulting the oracle is usually done by another person, from what i was taught you cannot get an accurate reading by doing it your self.. your subconscious can sometimes inject your own wishes into the reading making it bias/inaccurate.

thx

Namaste'

Surrogate wisdom faculty

Amnat77 said:
I agree; traditionally, consulting the oracle is usually done by another person, from what i was taught you cannot get an accurate reading by doing it your self.. your subconscious can sometimes inject your own wishes into the reading making it bias/inaccurate.

thx

Namaste'

(I am always for balance if percievable) I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong about someone doing their own readings (The Cards are accessable by the society and the book does not deter those from doing so) but I do agree with guidance from elders or shepsu. One must seriously become familiar with the interelationships existing between the Neteru before doing either.

jamesfrmphilly said:
Walking the spiritual path is a very subtle process; it is not something to jump into naively.

There are numerous sidetracks, which lead to a distorted, ego-centered version of spirituality;

we can deceive ourselves into 'thinking' we are developing spiritually

when instead we are strengthening our egocentricity

through spiritual techniques.

-Chogyam Trungpa

"Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism"
This is and interesting thought. It makes me wonder who/how do you ever really "trust" anyone:?: more importantly, how/when do I know when I DOING it to myself:?:....deceiving self I mean:?:

:hearts2: