Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Metu Neter and You

hiphopolx said:
Thanks for your reply. The books mentions many different paths for different times and societies. Also how the deities in one school of thought was the equivalent in another. This in its self is a definite eye opener.
Your input is welcome here. Like I said I truly want to learn and have a healthy dialog in a positive setting such as this.

The Truth is Universal therefore

''This is ANCIENT Wisdom that is not contained soley in one book and not the posession of one group or "society".

Is a fair assessment I can concur with.
:em0800:
Quote:
"The books mentions many different paths for different times and societies".

True. This is why one need not be an initiate in any one order to recieve the truth. To be more specific, the one thing that I did get from the "book" is that i is a system of self-initiation.

SELF-INITIATION.

I dont need a priest or guru to teach me the meditative techniques or to decipher the meaning of the text. As far as the deities in one school being the equivalent to another I found this to be true. But I also found that for me personally I connect with The Memphite Theology and related deities such as Ptah, Sekhmet and Heru-khuti. Not Ra or Amen for Ptah was worshipped at an earlier period. I do however associate also with Het-Heru, Maat, Anubia and Auset.

To be totally honest, and some have said Im confused [maybe so] I actually got more KNOWLEDGE from reading Stolen Legacy and perhaps because it was written at an earlier period and I've had more time to digest it. Further more, I got a strong influence from Rasta and jazz musicians such as John and Alice Coltrane and typically meditate [as i did earlier tonight] listening to jazz or reggae/dub music.

Alice Coltrane is as far as I need to go into the Hindu influence. But whenever I see the words "Kabbalistic tradition" for some reason I turn off.

Brother you have my email and I may have to respond to some posts via that device. Im really hesitant, for some obvious reasons, to become silent on the "metu neter" in a public setting. Especially reading a text the other day. Its like this. I identify very strongly to heru-khuti and Auset. Its like a relationship between me and a great-aunt. She gave me instruction that I never make public. The things she taught me from "above". Some things are meant to be kept within the Family. And every brother here aint a brother, not to ME.

Peace...

omowalejabali said:
Quote:
"The books mentions many different paths for different times and societies".

True. This is why one need not be an initiate in any one order to recieve the truth. To be more specific, the one thing that I did get from the "book" is that i is a system of self-initiation.

SELF-INITIATION.

I dont need a priest or guru to teach me the meditative techniques or to decipher the meaning of the text. As far as the deities in one school being the equivalent to another I found this to be true. But I also found that for me personally I connect with The Memphite Theology and related deities such as Ptah, Sekhmet and Heru-khuti. Not Ra or Amen for Ptah was worshipped at an earlier period. I do however associate also with Het-Heru, Maat, Anubia and Auset.

To be totally honest, and some have said Im confused [maybe so] I actually got more KNOWLEDGE from reading Stolen Legacy and perhaps because it was written at an earlier period and I've had more time to digest it. Further more, I got a strong influence from Rasta and jazz musicians such as John and Alice Coltrane and typically meditate [as i did earlier tonight] listening to jazz or reggae/dub music.

Alice Coltrane is as far as I need to go into the Hindu influence. But whenever I see the words "Kabbalistic tradition" for some reason I turn off.

Brother you have my email and I may have to respond to some posts via that device. Im really hesitant, for some obvious reasons, to become silent on the "metu neter" in a public setting. Especially reading a text the other day. Its like this. I identify very strongly to heru-khuti and Auset. Its like a relationship between me and a great-aunt. She gave me instruction that I never make public. The things she taught me from "above". Some things are meant to be kept within the Family. And every brother here aint a brother, not to ME.

Peace...

Another aspect of Truth is eternal. What was manifested and/or intuited back in the day can be manifested and/or intuited today.

as far as
'To be totally honest, and some have said Im confused [maybe so] I actually got more KNOWLEDGE from reading Stolen Legacy and perhaps because it was written at an earlier period and I've had more time to digest it. Further more, I got a strong influence from Rasta and jazz musicians such as John and Alice Coltrane and typically meditate [as i did earlier tonight] listening to jazz or reggae/dub music.'

It must be understood that we all have different perspectives and we should try and at least be respectful of others perspective if nothing more than to at least be able to dialog with each other. It was recently said here that 'behind every good man there is a good woman.' Well that is a matter of perspective. I could be observing that same reality and say 'what is he talking about that good man is clearly behind that good woman' . One reality different perspectives. There is no right or wrong in this case. If we argue whose view is the right one. Then we run the risk of avoiding communications altogether. Not good. If we all have the same perspective then that leaves us with a limited amount of phenomena to talk about. However conversing back or forth about the different perspectives respectively will manifest some stimulating and insightful conversations.

Therein reveals the purpose for this thread.

Hotep

Who/What is "RUNA":?:

Hotep HipHopolx! and
thanks for the conversation. I did have a couple questions as I listen to ppl share thier experiences, strengths and plans related to the contents of the Metu Neter and other Spiritual systems.

Regarding the Metu Neter....I keep seeing the term/name "RUNA"...

As i listened to you in this thread, it seems that "RUNA" is a person. Is that right:?:

Now..I have volume one of the book (had vol.2 yet it was lost during travels) and I've read some. I don't know much about the author except what i've read here and others sources on the net. Yet, is "RUNA" the author:?:

Also, I have asked a couple times and even started a thread seeking more information about the "cards" and how they are used in conjunction with the book. The title of that thread was "Just a thougth" or something like that.

Anywho....I'm glad you started this thread and I'm interested in hearting others folks questions and/or sharing info here and within the Metu Neter Forum.

I'd like to share more of my intuitions and influences to my Spiritual life and development...yet..no time right now.

Nice Job HipHopolx....I'm also enjoying the work your doing here!

:hearts2: