Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Metu Neter and todays Nubians?

omowalejabali said:
As you stated..."ptah is mentioned briefly"....yet, during tha long period from King Menes until the 18th Dynasty "PTAH" was considered the primary Diety among the "initiated" up until the reign of Hatsheptut and the Temple of Denderah.

This was due largely to the fact that what many now refer to as "Khemetic" or "metu neter" as preceeded by the "Memphite Theology" before a power shift into Thebes, leading the the so-called "Thebean Rescension" in which "Amun-Re" became the principal deity among the PRIESTHOOD which rebelled against Akhenaten who actually had sought to reverse THEIR "reforms". This is why he built temples OUTSITE of the proximity of Thebes.

since you have "noticed that the initiates of nile valley high culture (outside of metu neter) tend to focus on narratives where ptah is the central and principal god; an ra an aspect of this god" then my point needs no further elaboration except to note that what this also means is that the language of "metu neter" is NOT as "universal" as alledged, nor can it be considered THE 'root language' but a derivative of the form which PREDATED it.

This is difficult for 'metu neter' proponents to accept because it calls into question other claims concerning the alledged "sole authority" of Ra Un Nefer Amen himself, and the legitimacy of even the reference of ALL AFRICAN PEOPLE as "khemetic" which is why one one hand, "Khemetic" refers to NILE VALLEY High culture centered at Thebes, while "Nubian" actually refers to an EARLIER "Triad" whose root, again, is based in the Congo Basin.

Furthermore, considering the short period of the THEBAN era, including the brief 19th dynasty, to now hold this as a reference again to ALL AFRICN PEOPLE is not accepted by MOST Continental Africans and for sure not among "Ethiopians", "Cu****es", or "Sudanese" who were at times subjected to "Khemetic" rule but who also had later ruled over "Khemet".

Peace!

I know some folks have problems with the "B.O.D." as compiled by Budge solely because he was a white man but Budge and Gerald Massey proveided us with some objective data to analyze. For example, in the Introduction, Budge explains the development of the HELIOPOLITAN RECENSION in which he states....."that which was edited by the priests of the College of Anu (the On of the Bible, and the Heliopoils of the Greeks), and which was based upon a series of texts now lost. It is found cut in hieroglyphs upon the walls of the chambers and corridors of the pyramid tombs of certain kings of the Vth and VIth dynasties."

Also...."In the texts of the later kings we find that the priests of Ra were obliged to acknowledge the supremacy of Osiris, whose cult, even under the earliest dynasties, was very general in Upper and Lower Egypt."

Well....in all due respect....most likely these "series of texts now lost" are the same texts that were retained until the Amenist priesthood usurped the throne of Akhenaten and destroyed them!

Certainly, they were retained by the Thebans up until the reign of Akhenaten's father as they were "revised" during the building of the Temple of Denderah, during the reign of Hatshepsut. These texts were originally derived from the Heliopolitan Recension and known as the Theban Recension, which was used from the XVIIIth untill the XXIInd dynasty.

This is to say, prior to the shift in power to Thebes ALL "religious texts" were based upon the Heliopolitan Recension. before they were "revised".

Again, no disrespect, but i would like to be provided with EVIDENCE PREDATING the reign of Akhenaten that states otherwise.

By the way....I noticed another discussion and did not respond in which there was an argument to the effect that the "Lybians" were "white people". I suggest reference to the B.O.D. page 194 which mentions the building of the temple at Karnak. There is a connection here as on page 154 it is stated, concerning the "four great nations of men" that ....

"the Egyptians and the Libyans are said to have sprung from the eye of Ra"

!!!!!

(omowalejabali) - This was due largely to the fact that what many now refer to as "Khemetic" or "metu neter" as preceeded by the "Memphite Theology" before a power shift into Thebes, leading the the so-called "Thebean Rescension" in which "Amun-Re" became the principal deity among the PRIESTHOOD which rebelled against Akhenaten who actually had sought to reverse THEIR "reforms". This is why he built temples OUTSITE of the proximity of Thebes.

muata ashby claims that both the hektptahian (memphite) theology and the wasetian (theban) rescension where preceeded by a anunian (heliopian) recension, where ra alone was celebrated. ashby also states that first it was tum or tem/temu that was identified as the principle god, and temu became associated with ra later on. this in the 1-5 dynasties. so it seems that muata ashby preserves that aspect of the history.
thus, there is an atum-ra or ra-tem connection that is older than amun-ra.

(omowalejabali) - This is difficult for 'metu neter' proponents to accept because it calls into question other claims concerning the alledged "sole authority" of Ra Un Nefer Amen himself, and the legitimacy of even the reference of ALL AFRICAN PEOPLE as "khemetic" which is why one one hand, "Khemetic" refers to NILE VALLEY High culture centered at Thebes, while "Nubian" actually refers to an EARLIER "Triad" whose root, again, is based in the Congo Basin.

a) i view the metu neter as one school of thought among many; or one interpretation of a school of thought. thus, it isn't a big deal to me.

b) there is no question that nubia (sudan/ethiopia) / kush (ethiopia/eritrea?) is older than kemet.

c) it's all symbolic. are you suggesting the metu neter gets the symbolism wrong?

Music Producer said:
Something occurred to me about three days ago. In all of this talk about Metu Neter, I have read the book but started skimming it again because I have drawn a blank on remembering where the author actually says it was practiced by Nubians “today”. Even in skimming the book I can’t find the words. What I do find is where the author says, “it was practiced by ancient Nubians”, not necessarily meaning it is practices and he gained his information from Nubians of today.

If someone remembers where the author actually reveals that the Metu Neter is practiced by Nubians of today in the desert somewhere, could you please give me the chapter and page number from vol 1 or 2?

I think we are misrepresenting again.

But I might be wrong.
:book:

To even assert that "it was practiced by ancient Nubians" is somewhat dishonest considerring that, as Budge points out, ...."and there is reason to think that many if the great Egyptian raids in Syria and Nubia were made as much for the purpose of supplying funds for the maintenance of the temples....."

Again, this is my point of departure.

Essentially, what is today considered as "Khemetic" 3100 years ago was "Egyptian" and the "Egyptians, along with the "Libyans" were referred to as "Men", as in the "four races of Men" while the other two have been referrenced as "Negroes" and "Asiatics".

"Nubians" were depicted in "Egyptian" art as "Negroes". Thus it is totally erroneous today to consider "Nubians" as "Khemetic".

"Nubians" were SUBJECTED by the "Egyptians" (Khemites) as the "Amenist" priesthood gained ascendency.

This is to say that essentially, the modern day "Amenists" (i.e. "medu neter") are a remnant of a religious HIERARCHY which USURPED the "royal bloodline"!!

Ironically, claims that the "Nommo" represent "Neteru" or that the "Dogon" were practiced/or continue to practice "medu neter" or speak the "Mother Tongue" is a total fabrication and complete FALLACY.

For one, if the knowledge was actually retained by a "secret society" how could it then be published by a member of the ROSICRUCIAN Order

!!!

nibs said:
(omowalejabali) - This was due largely to the fact that what many now refer to as "Khemetic" or "metu neter" as preceeded by the "Memphite Theology" before a power shift into Thebes, leading the the so-called "Thebean Rescension" in which "Amun-Re" became the principal deity among the PRIESTHOOD which rebelled against Akhenaten who actually had sought to reverse THEIR "reforms". This is why he built temples OUTSITE of the proximity of Thebes.

muata ashby claims that both the hektptahian (memphite) theology and the wasetian (theban) rescension where preceeded by a anunian (heliopian) recension, where ra alone was celebrated. ashby also states that first it was tum or tem/temu that was identified as the principle god, and temu became associated with ra later on. this in the 1-5 dynasties. so it seems that muata ashby preserves that aspect of the history.
thus, there is an atum-ra or ra-tem connection that is older than amun-ra.

(omowalejabali) - This is difficult for 'metu neter' proponents to accept because it calls into question other claims concerning the alledged "sole authority" of Ra Un Nefer Amen himself, and the legitimacy of even the reference of ALL AFRICAN PEOPLE as "khemetic" which is why one one hand, "Khemetic" refers to NILE VALLEY High culture centered at Thebes, while "Nubian" actually refers to an EARLIER "Triad" whose root, again, is based in the Congo Basin.

a) i view the metu neter as one school of thought among many; or one interpretation of a school of thought. thus, it isn't a big deal to me.

b) there is no question that nubia (sudan/ethiopia) / kush (ethiopia/eritrea?) is older than kemet.

c) it's all symbolic. are you suggesting the metu neter gets the symbolism wrong?

"it's all symbolic"

I am not merely suggesting "the metu neter gets the symbolism wrong" but there is another explanation written within the written "metu neter" itself.

For one, I disagree totally that "it's all symbolic"

The so-called war between Horus and the "Sethians" is not merely symbolic nor is the historical usurpation of the "Memphite"by the "Theban".

These represent historical shifts in the Balance of power, the centre of which POLITICAL and RELIGIOUS POWER were based and if they were merely "symbolic" why would there be continued efforts to malign the character of Akhenaten to the point that some even condemn him for marrying a "white woman" and labeling "Nefertiti" as such??!!

Brother, in all respect..."getting something wrong" is one thing....destroying "sacred texts" and "plagarizing" is another ball game..

Peace...Im done..

omowalejabali said:
"it's all symbolic"

I am not merely suggesting "the metu neter gets the symbolism wrong" but there is another explanation written within the written "metu neter" itself.

For one, I disagree totally that "it's all symbolic"

The so-called war between Horus and the "Sethians" is not merely symbolic nor is the historical usurpation of the "Memphite"by the "Theban".

These represent historical shifts in the Balance of power, the centre of which POLITICAL and RELIGIOUS POWER were based and if they were merely "symbolic" why would there be continued efforts to malign the character of Akhenaten to the point that some even condemn him for marrying a "white woman" and labeling "Nefertiti" as such??!!

Brother, in all respect..."getting something wrong" is one thing....destroying "sacred texts" and "plagarizing" is another ball game..

Peace...Im done..

Note:

I dont intend to debate any points I raised here. Folks can deny, refute, or do as they please. One thing for sure, I have read very thoroughly many posts here by so-called "metu neter" proponents which are filled with so many holes that it is evident to me what happened to "Black people" on a SPIRITUAL level long before the triangular trade.

I have issue with some of brother Music Producer's claims and I think that even though he asserts to speak the true "Word of God" there a points which indicate that he does not quite have a grasp on how similar the "Bible" or "enuma Elish" were to the Heliopolitan Rescension but he is much closer than those who have bought into the theology which emerged from Thebes.

And to further highlight an observation.....interestingly it is an older Black nationalist community which seems to refer as "Khemetic" and many of these same individuals run counter to "Hip Hop culture" which COMMONLY refers as "Nubian".......