Black Women : METOO

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Kemetstry, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,631
    Sisters: What has been your me to moment?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,677
  3. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,631
  4. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,631
    I was a new VP of a UAW local. My bosses boss had developed a reputation for being a hands on kinda guy with the females employees. No one complained, so in many's view it was no harm, no foul. On my watch, he changed in to a stone cold predator. It turns out he had problems in his home. He not only was henpecked ( happily ), he discovered his wife was having an affair, so he had one. With a ghetto skank. She got pregnant and went to his house and stuck him with child support. So, his cheating, dominatrix wife, put him out. He took this out on the females at work

He turned into the guy that demanded the females comply, or else. It was easy to track his pattern. But the unwritten rule there was, no one challenged "royalty" ( management ). The females were my friends, so, my chivalry kicked in. I went to him 1st, because, we were friends before his promotion. I had been invited to his house, etc. He was deeply religious. He told me, if I didn't mind my own business, I would get some too.

I made him my mission, as a warning to all managers

1st obstacle: The female head of HR said, she went thru it. They had to take it too.
    2nd obstacle: I was going after a made man. Other members of management and supervision circled the wagons. Remember the rule was, you don't touch royalty. They came after me
    3rd obstacle: Many of the sisters developed Stockholm syndrome. They identified with their captor. They accused me of making it a personal vendetta against

It took me one year of gathering evidence before it could get a permanent mark on his record. A reprimand. I had to expose the head of HR to do it. Another enemy. The victims wouldn't testify against him. Many defended him. "Why are you attacking this brother????" He specialized in single mothers. They had the most to lose. He fired three of them. They were more interested in getting their jobs back than winning arbitrations and law suits.

They came after me. It took me three year before I had enough evidence to go after him. He was falsifying records to set people up. I made copies of them over the years. I then filed an action with the Fed against the department and threatened to go public. Thus. making me public enemy #1. I gave them a choice. Him or their own *****. Of course they chose him. But it cost me a great deal. My career.

I had to use the evidence gathered to get my rightful promotions. He was repeatedly suspended and shipped out. I lost much respect for my colleagues

5. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,631
    bot

6. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,631
    Garrison Keilor, Matt Lauer, and other people of fame are dropping like flies. Sisters, how many of you have been a victim?

7. Symbol of America

Symbol of America Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +528
    He's lucky it was you.

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,631

No, because I almost got him fired. Back then the culture was a lot different. The unwritten rule was, you looked the other way. He was just too overt and crass.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  9. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,631
    I have been a victim Kem. Not so much in the workplace that I couldn’t handle. I did report a male coworker who grabbed my arm to get my attention.
    I reported him to the police saying I’m reporting this in case something else happens. The guy I was dealing with was overtly touchy feely. To top it off he was perform or else guy. He was brought to my attention because he fired two single mothers with children for no good reason. I made him my mission. Many of the female supervisors covered for him

I believe right now there are many woman, of all races, cringing, fearing that any of these men will not suffer the consequences for their crime.
    As a METO, I’m angry. Thoughts of the past when my vagina was penetrated without my consent are coming back.

I hear men talking about rape, and writing articles like they have a clue what a woman goes thru being rapped, sexually assaulted, intimated by men in power. Men do get raped and they suffer worse consequences. Most male 1st sexual encounter was/is with an older female. So, add that into their psychy

The most horrible emotion a woman suffers after being sexually assaulted is FEAR. Fear of losing her job, fear of not getting a promotion, etc.
    The fear that comes with being raped is unexplainable. Real, raw, fear. That you never forget. You never forget. That’s why so many women are coming forward.

When you first started this thread, I avoided it, waiting to see if any other female would respond. None did. I am because I refuse to be a victim, afraid to talk about the rape that happened to me. Not many will talk. It reminds me of soldiers who wont talk about the action they have seen

We work at not being a victim, in time.
    All these women coming forward at the same time, needed to say something about their attacker to defeat the victim feeling.

Imagine going to rape counseling, and the room is full of women, some standing. All of us are there fore the same reason.
    Sexual assault.

This is not a good time for women. I am most disappointed in NOW on this issue

10. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    "Roy Moore Should Drop Out of Senate Race"
    Statement by NOW President Toni Van Pelt

WASHINGTON - Roy Moore should drop out of the race for Alabama’s open U.S. Senate seat, following reports that Moore made sexual advances toward teenage girls.

We already knew that Moore was a despicable, misogynist candidate; his sexist, homophobic, racist remarks have gone above and beyond the hateful rhetoric that has become standard among conservative politicians.

"Roy Moore Should Drop Out of Senate Race"

Common Dreams-Nov 10, 2017
    The U.S. Senate--as it mulls policies with direct implications for women, including sexual assault survivors--is no place for Roy Moore. This dangerous man needs to drop ... The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States. NOW has 500,000 ...

We must not be silenced:" Local activists push for sexual harassment reform

“We must not be silenced:" Local activists push for sexual ...

13WHAM-TV-Nov 19, 2017
    Saturday, the National Organization for Women held their annual state conference in Rochester at Monroe Community College. Sexual harassment, no surprise, was a hot topic. With all the allegations making national headlines, women 13WHAM spoke with said we're at a tipping point as a society.