Black People : Method & Red

Add it to the long list of shows that black people participate in that destroy our image and make all these young kids think it's cool to be ignorant. I hate when black people with money put so much effort into being a clown and a jester for white folks to laugh at, for the sake of making money. :censored: For all these people who think it's just harmless humor....it's not. I can't stand when people (black people) say stuff like that. They'll say "oh, calm down, it's just harmless comedy. Every show can't be serious". Oh yeah, well why do all the black shows have to revolve around comedy, ignorance and bad grammar? :argue:

I'm new to this and this might be too deep of a response but all it is, is ... back in the day certain things wasn't all that "embraced" by a certain people. If you know what I mean? (Look at MTV back in the day vs MTV today) Now all of a sudden they trying to embrace and accept the hiphop culture (a money making industry, no doubt!) and pocket from it. Gave Snoop Dogg a little MTV show and a cameo on a video game. Gave Queen Latifah a little talk show. That Bernie Mac show could've been a little better...if they would let him be himself. Want Russell Simmons to design a cell phone for them. Listen to the background music in a lot of todays commercials especially CNN sometimes-hip hop! Most of this stuff is what they like (Wayne Brady!) or what they think we like. And they just trying to capitalize financially on our culture basically. Only somebody forgot to tell these fools -Meth and Redman they ah-ight right now but they ain't all that hot right now. Then too, Err-body that rap, can't multi-task like Ice-Cube. (Barbershops 1 & 2). You can't stick two rappers on a show and think because a lot of us love hip hop...we want to turn on the set and see them acting like straight up fools! Granted, them brothas might need the cash but, I just really hate to see our fine,talented brothas and sistas exploited in a way or made a fool of just so some white man or whoever can make a buck.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back