Black People : Method & Red

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Aisha, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Aisha

Aisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyone else that finds this show stupid and embarrassing?
    It needs to be taken off the air. :censored:

Aisha

2. GhostDog15

GhostDog15 Active Member MEMBER

Chiefs Aid, Waiter, Bus Boy
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i was watching it with my sister and we both agree this

its just a show for rich white that think black people are funny. (thats a big peiode)

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Add it to the long list of shows that black people participate in that destroy our image and make all these young kids think it's cool to be ignorant. I hate when black people with money put so much effort into being a clown and a jester for white folks to laugh at, for the sake of making money. :censored: For all these people who think it's just harmless humor....it's not. I can't stand when people (black people) say stuff like that. They'll say "oh, calm down, it's just harmless comedy. Every show can't be serious". Oh yeah, well why do all the black shows have to revolve around comedy, ignorance and bad grammar? :argue:

4. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm new to this and this might be too deep of a response but all it is, is ... back in the day certain things wasn't all that "embraced" by a certain people. If you know what I mean? (Look at MTV back in the day vs MTV today) Now all of a sudden they trying to embrace and accept the hiphop culture (a money making industry, no doubt!) and pocket from it. Gave Snoop Dogg a little MTV show and a cameo on a video game. Gave Queen Latifah a little talk show. That Bernie Mac show could've been a little better...if they would let him be himself. Want Russell Simmons to design a cell phone for them. Listen to the background music in a lot of todays commercials especially CNN sometimes-hip hop! Most of this stuff is what they like (Wayne Brady!) or what they think we like. And they just trying to capitalize financially on our culture basically. Only somebody forgot to tell these fools -Meth and Redman they ah-ight right now but they ain't all that hot right now. Then too, Err-body that rap, can't multi-task like Ice-Cube. (Barbershops 1 & 2). You can't stick two rappers on a show and think because a lot of us love hip hop...we want to turn on the set and see them acting like straight up fools! Granted, them brothas might need the cash but, I just really hate to see our fine,talented brothas and sistas exploited in a way or made a fool of just so some white man or whoever can make a buck.

5. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    The show is beyond stupid.

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    meth was always on dumb ish...
    redman is actually funny...i am dissapointed in him for this stupid show
    it's worse then the brady bunch variety hour...smh
    one love
    khasm

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    have not seen the show. i did like their movie how high though.