Black People : Methamphetamine Use Amongst Black People ?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I am currently watching an A&E Documentary ... Meth In The City ... and it's saying that this drug has left the cornfields of white america ... and that one of the first major cities that has been caught by its grip is Atlanta, Georgia, and its surrounding area. They say that it's so prevalent in Atlanta, that it has become the number one major distribution point in the country, sending it all over the rest of the country from there.

With so many Black People in Atlanta ... are lots of Black People getting caught up in this too?

In the documentary, they are only showing white people in the Atlanta area ... not just white people, but upper-income white people.

I'm noticing too, from this program, some sympathy and empathy toward these addicts, that i've never seen as it relates to crack and our people. But of course, when it's them, it's different. Some more of that white privilege stuff i reckon.

No Black People have been featured on this program ... so i'm wondering ... what's up?

I don't know anyone that has ever used meth ...

I don't know anyone that deals with meth ...

I don't know anyone that's ever been addicted to meth ...

But my circle is small, and if it's all in Atlanta like they are saying ... is it just a matter of time?

What have you seen Family, as it relates to this drug, and how it is affecting the Black Community?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Black people don't go that far. We stick to weed for the most part. Hardcore addicts will do crack/cocaine and heroin, but no meth. Its stuff like this that makes me stay away from white people. If you go to a party with them, the lightest drug they carry is cocaine. Black people just stick to weed, at least that what we do at parties and other gatherings.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thanks Brother Knowledge Seed ... i know you are in Atlanta, and it does my heart good to read the above. Gosh.

Thanks ... and yes ... please do stay away from them / this !

Destee

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    This alarms are ringing!

It alarms me because everytime they bring white folks dirt to the surface, it some how trickles on down to the Black communites. For example, herione, cocaine, aids, sicklecell and a host of other stuff too.

Family, watch your Brother and Sisters closely. Pretty soon their be spoon feeding this to our families...via prescription orders. I've already heard that morphine is like the new codine prescribed for pain. That's right, they're already giving it to our people as a remedy for pain. So don't be to sure our people won't get caught up in this mess.

5. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    I agree with KS. As a people we like what we like. Chitlings, Henessy, weed and crack. Meth makes me think of brussel sprouts. Food for white folks.

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i forget who said it, but we don't need no "extreme" nothing given what we live through on a regular.

i say that to say that white folks are way off into "extreme" anything ... on top of them being serious speed freaks: a quad small latte? with extra drops? meth; bennies, and most anything to "feel the rush".

and because we ain't into that one, and because they so apparently are ... except that race ain't really pointed out when they talking about the "meth epidemic" ...they would really just as soon see us getting all caught up in that one; hence the "prescriptions" ... like the adhd drugs that they fed/feed to our youth (and got folks all convinced that our children "need" this mess).

sure, we got the crack problem happening, but a crack junkie is too far off into the crack to go for the extreme stuff that wired up meth addicts get into. sure, there be robberies, but how often do crack addicts do armed robberies while they high? them meth addicts just feel that this would add a more exciting aspect to the extreme need for speed ...

so, i'll second the house: we into weed, drink and stuck in the crack. but given that crack generally tends to cause one to eventually lose everything, i feel that the drink is actually the more dangerous since an alcoholic can still sort of maintain the space to keep disrupting things ... besides; that one is "legal".

7. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Not Traditionally

[​IMG]

Yet....it seems it's on the way

This is a new drug known as strawberry quick '. There is a very scary thing going on in the schools right now that we all need to be aware of.

There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks (the candy t hat sizzles and 'pops' in your mouth). It also smells like strawberry and it is being handed out to kids in school yards. They are calling it strawberry meth or strawberry quick.

Kids are ingesting this thinking that it is candy and being rushed off to the hospital in dire condition. It also comes in chocolate, peanut butter, cola, cherry, grape and orange.

Please instruct your children not to accept candy from strangers and even not to accept candy that looks like this from a friend (who may have been given it and believe d it is candy) and to take any that they may have to a teacher, principal, etc. immediately.

Pass this email on to as many people as you can (even if they don't have kids) so that we can raise awareness and hopefully prevent any tragedies from occurring.

"and that’s exactly what drug dealers in the Dallas area have done — they’ve come up with a form that can be snorted and gave it a seemingly benign name: “cheese.” But cheese is just the start. Have you heard of “Strawberry Quick?” It’s not a kid’s drink — it’s a kid’s methamphetamine. Drug dealers mix meth with Kool-Aid in an attempt to make it look and taste better. And again, there’s the snappy name. While Strawberry Quick hasn’t made a big splash in Dallas, it is gaining ground in other parts of the country."
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271215,00.html

Historically, "meth" is a po white folk drug of choice. It can be made at home and the items needed for production can be found in your neighborhood drugstore...i.e. riteaid, cvs etc...

Most often, Folks of Afreekan Descent use marijuana, herion, cocaine/crack and now wet, ecstasy and pain pills....oxy's, percocets, ultram amongst others.

Seems like there is now a movement to move meth out of the back woods and onto center stage...hence the Atlanta, Dallas and Maine.
    I work in D/A and have not heard of any meth use...except when I was in fl. and working with white folk. People will use what is readily available. Methamphetamine use is likely to go up now and this is very bad. It is as addictive as crack/cocaine and does more physical damage very quickly.
    I'm going to do some asking around the j. o. b. to find out more of the trends around this substance and it's prevalence in the hoods.

M.E.
    :hearts2:

8. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Thanks for the heads up Sis. TTTC

9. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Your quite Welcomed Knowledge Seed.

I am saddened that I am not able to "write" more, as there is much I have to share. I learned early on the concept "experience is the best teacher". I've come to think/know, that it does not have to be MY experience that I teaches me. We CAN learn from another's experience....IF they care to share.

M.E.
    :hearts2:

10. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Exactomondoe!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do black people use meth

2. blacks and meth

3. black people and meth

4. african americans and meth use,