Black People : Metasaience-America is the only Home I know

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Goddess Auset333, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved One:

I watched A Tyler Perry movie, and one of the sister played a practicing Buddhist and one of the brothers played a Muslim.

The brother who played a muslin mentioned something about going back to Afrika.

Tyler Perry (Medea) said he did not come from Afrika, he came from Cleveland Ohio in his Cadillac.

I have heard others (adults) say the same thing about america is the only home they know.

Now I know that everyone is entitled to remain ignorant, and in that ignorance their truth is truth. Just like a pathological liar thinks that their truth is the real Truth.

This is 2007, and we have so much technology and other information to teach us about Beloved Afrika.

Jessie Jackson, AL Sharpton...other so called leaders do not even speak about going back to Afrika and still embrace being Afrikan-americans.

What type of mind-set are these people operating out of to claim America is the only home they know and these are suppose to be adults?

Are we to trust anything that comes out of the mouth of those who refuse to know their original roots and do not identify themselves as Afrikans Living in america vice Afrikan american?

A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. Marcus Garvey

A reading man and woman is a ready man and woman, but a writing man and woman is exact. Marcus Garvey

I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there. Marcus Garvey

Liberate the minds of men and ultimately you will liberate the bodies of men.
    Marcus Garvey

Others please comment.

I am still learning :baby:
    :qqb018: :qqb023: :qqb023:

2. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Mother Goddess, this is a hot topic indeed.
    I'm currently reading the book by Bro. Anthony T. Browder titled:

"Survival Strategies For Africans in America: 13 Steps to Freedom"

[​IMG]

Our Teacher Anthony Browder, separates the 13 steps to freedom into 3 parts. Mind, Body and Spirit.

In Part one: The Mind: Step 3: "Perception Precedes Being...you are who you believe you are" He mentions this:

"As African Americans we must never forget that our ancestors were compelled, by the letter of the law and the force of the whip, to accept the ideas and beliefs imposed on them by their so-called masters. They were forbidden from expressing their own thoughts and perceptions of the world and were forced to accept the beliefs and behaviors deemed appropriate for them. There steps wee taken to ensure the continuation of slavery from one generation to the next. Such social engineering manufactured culturally deficient clones, generation after generation, over the last four centuries. Each successive generation was infected from the time of conception with an ingrained cultural virus that was designed to prevent them from reaching their fullest potential."

Goddess, what we are speaking about here are "culturally deficient clones."
    To be fair, perhaps we all start out that way, to some degree. Some of us are luckier however to have parents, or community that provided the curriculum to help us resurrect the African mind, body and spirit.

There are places in the African Diaspora, where some things just don't happen, because the African culture is still there. I watched Spike Lee's "When the Levees Broke." And there was also a sentiment voiced by a few who said, "I ain't NEVER leaving New Orleans." Or even some who said "I ain't African." I can understand the love for New Orleans because of their rich African culture that stayed somewhat preserved since Slavery, the music, the food, the spirituality- all of it tied back to African Slavery. However, this is so because we ARE African, and not because we are American. In fact, its the "American" part that made New Orleans a hell, and its the African part that made New Orleans a culture pot.

But we can't serve 2 masters- African-American.

I've heard people in America say this about immigrants who always speak highly of their country. "Well, if your country is so great, why don't you go back there? Why don't you live there! Don't come here telling us about how beautiful your country is!"

Again- "Perception Precedes Being...you are who you believe you are." People leave their native lands to come to America to earn a living and for a better way of life. Usually, a "better way of life" means that the way of life in their country is not as full of opportunities as the way of life here. What Africans in America fail to realize is that, America is what it is now because of our Ancestors, not because of Whites. So look- you see all these boats and planes coming here, people moving from all over the world to America- it's because of Black people themselves. Because they wouldn't be able to exist here if we weren't here to take abuse.

But just because a person leaves their country for a better way of life, doesn't mean their country has left them culturally. I know allot of Native Africans here, who still wear their colors, clothing, still eat their different foods, still speak highly about their homeland, their Brothers, their Sisters. Maybe I should say to them "Look, you are in America now, stop all this talk about Nigeria or Kenya, if you loved it so much you would still be there!"

See, we are the ones breaking our own minds now. We break each other's minds just like Massa did. It all boils down to behavioral modification. All of reality is just one big system designed to program our minds. Its either, you learn how to program your own mind, you choose the people to do it, or you allow this system to do it for you. This system under no circumstances will program our minds to reach it's fullest potential.

We look at the "America is my only home" Mindset, and this is not the African Mindset at it's fullest potential. Because that is pure ignorance and horrid stupidity. We should call it what it is, and allow those who think this way to receive the credit for their non-intelligent banter. Allow them to push themselves to think higher and more creatively to overstand the smiling faces of Whites around them who listen to those words.

The most spiritually gifted people would say "I am in this world, but not of it" - we criticize the Immigrant who comes to America from his country because he speaks so highly of his land, yet he comes here to provide an opportunity for himself. Yet, at the same time we speak highly of spiritual things, of our spiritual land. So we are all Immigrants, we are all from a spiritual place, living here in this world to learn and remember what we need to. The point is, Earth is temporary, and to stain the soul with the title of the temporary is foolish.

We must wonder still about Africa, or about any place that people call "home"- do we love the land, or do we love the people? Is it the people that make Africa- Africa, or is it the land? It is perhaps a combination of the both. "Home" is the place where the spirits of our Ancestors can rise up to be with us and speak to us, it is also the place where we are more of who we really are. We name and call ourselves based on the "source energy" that animates who we really are. If America is the source of your energy, then by all means, you are American. But for me and many- African people are the source of my energy, wherever they might populate, wherever they might sit and partake in life, and wherever the Ancestors rise up from the spiritual realms to speak to us- this is my source, and this happens more consistently in Africa still to this day- so I am African, in blood, in bone- in mind.

3. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Mother Goddess and Destee Family-

This is a perfect thread for me to mention this. One of the top selling points I've noticed for the Europeans who are "MOVING TO AFRICA" is that places like "Cape Town" especially, is one of the most beautiful S.A. Cities in the world, its affordable, and - no Hurricanes. Why is there such an overwhelming amount of Whites willing to move to Africa so freely, why are so many of us are still struggle with the term "African" and the idea of moving away from America?

4. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    beloved Kgmw Diivne Seer MS:
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MS: Some of us are luckier however to have parents, or community that provided the curriculum to help us resurrect the African mind, body and spirit.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I did not have the above. I did have Divine Universe/Nature/Ancestors that showed me as a child that I did not belong here. I have always sense that I was out of my Original Natural environment. My nature and this profane nature we live in never vibe together. I use to look back and I recall as a a child I did a lot of things Afrikan related to include the way I dance, dress and the dislike for america food...and the likes of. As I grew older I was always thirsty and hungry to know where I belong.

MS: But we can't serve 2 masters- African-American.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone that tries to, is double minded and a double minded person is unstable on all their ways, so the Proverbs says.

MS: Why are so many of us are still struggle with the term "African" and the idea of moving away from America?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Is it that they are culturally deficient clones?

If one says america is the only home they know, then get to know the Home you do not Know, which is Afrika. To say this tells us that they are thinking with the slave catchers Human Being only corruptors mind-set. Being precede Perception. We are what we Think. To claim being Afrikan-american, one have given up claim to their Roots.

Does this reveals who our enemies are among those who are Afrikans Living in america, who know and being their roots, and looking forward to returning to Afrika?

Is it right to say, those who cling to being Afrikan-ameircans have already made a Treaty with the enemies and will fight and do whatever the enemies tell them to do to stay in america, because they do not want to lose their stuff (Materialistic) gain, to hell with their Once Divine Soul?

There are a few times when I am asked where I am from, I have said, I was stolen from Afirka, bought to america (Hon. Bob Marley) Buffalo Soldier lyrics. It is true.

:qqb023: :qqb023: :qqb023:

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    IMO, the African-Americans who want to claim America have that right to do so. Every Black person doesn't want to or even have to go back to Africa.

IMO, it's not as much that group that harms a Diasporic unity as it is the fake Black people who can spew rhetoric about Africa but not really be willing to devote themselves to it.

To me, they're just a buncha "Tobys" who wanna be "Kunta Kintes."

Several years ago, I learned of a petition for African dual citizenship for African-Americans, but I haven't found any recent information on it since.

And, IMO, many of the so-called Afrocentric and Pan-African Black Americans wouldn't move to Africa if you gave them a house, a job, and free airfare. IMO, you couldn't PAY 'EM to get on the plane! They can talk the talk but they aint gone bust a grape!