Black Poetry : MESSAGE TO A FRIEND

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Eric Mitchell, May 27, 2004.

1. Eric Mitchell

Eric Mitchell Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    MESSAGE TO A FRIEND

Wake up Red. You don’t think I know, but I do. I know you’re not loving yourself the way you should. I know the happy you, but it’s been a long time since I’ve held her. You’ve taken on many forms as I put my arms around you, all of which I love and desire. But I’m looking for the you that loves you. We are one in temperament, so I can safely say that some times a pill or two can help a situation, but an entire bottle of pills can only cause more pain. I know pain too. The pain of loss, the pain of disappointment, and the pain of regret. All have been my teachers. And each of the lessons seemed more difficult than the last. I wish I could take away all your hurt, but I can’t. All I can do is make a suggestion. Use your pain as an affirmation of life, of self awareness, and of self potential . For too long we let the actions of others determine how we feel, but truthfully the only one you can account for is you. That is if you love yourself. That is if you cherish you . That is if you know you’re more precious, and more priceless than any diamond ever found. So wake up Red. I know you, I know people who love you, I know I love you, and I know the you that loves you. Please wake up.

BY ERIC MITCHELL

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    message will be well heard

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    This really felt like it was from the heart. Hopefully a heart will read, reflect, and act accordingly. Sounds like this was from a true friend.

4. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161

Your friend ...has a good friend and I hope they know that. This was well felt and hope your friend take heed.

5. Alpha Male

Alpha Male Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    FOR Eric Mitchell'S eyes only

Eric Mitchell, You love her do you not
    put a ring on her finger and tie the knot

Eric Mitchell, SEIZE THE DAY
    GREAT POEM YOU HAVE MADE