Black People : message boards

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by prometheusunbou, Mar 25, 2003.

1. prometheusunbou

prometheusunbou Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    about a year ago I joined a so-called A/A web site and it was great until I started to post on there message boards, after about 6 month's I had noticed that I no longer had access to the boards, Mind you I had never insulted anyone there, all that I did was speak my mind I was not rude about it ether. anyway to this day I have access to every part of that site except to the boards, the funny thing about it is that I have posted nothing different on there boards then what I have posted hear, anyway come to find out the site was white owned. This is why the drum is so important to me, its Black!. now getting back to that other site, There are always
    people posting on how the A/A community is just falling apart at the seams, and we don't know how to communicate with one another
    Never and I mean never do you hear about the good things happening in the community. I wish that I could tell you the name
    of this site but I do not know if this is allowed if it is someone pleas tell me.
    I will be telling all my friends and family about this site and I suggest that everyone hear will do so to. There is an infection of love hear and we have to spread it like HIV.
    for those that know people that do not have computers tell them about the library, most cities have libraries with computers.
    :toast:

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Prometheusunbou, I'm glad you've recognized too that 'Destee's house' is a great place to be online. I've only recently been posting on the message boards but have been chatting here since 1998 or 1999, I can't remember which. The reason I have remained here is because I find it a much nicer place to hang out--the people are great, you find more to discuss than sex and opinions vary widely--all ingredients that can lead to healthy debates.

Also, I've been reading your posts and you offer a lot of information to really think about. I appreciate your comments and hope you continue to offer your perspective on a variety of topics.

As far as that "other" site goes, I'm sure if you e-mail Destee, she will let you know whether you can identify the name of it or not. But, now that you're here, maybe it doesn't matter.

Welcome and keep posting!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    :wave: haaaaaaaaaay Prometheusunbou :wave:

~ Welcome ~ Welcome ~ Welcome ~

Such kind things you say about us! :) Thank You! So glad you feel at home ... because you are! This forum is for and about ... us. It's so wonderful! :) I'm glad you feel the love :love:

I'd like to invite you and Queenie to join us in VOICE CHAT. Yall are really missing some great, positive, warm, loving interaction with other Sisters and Brothers! We are in here listening to music now! It's a 24 / 7 affair ... so i'm gonna be looking for both of yall !! :)

Normally, I'd ask that you not say negative things about another site or person ... but ... you did mention that you thought they were a black site only to find they were white! :eeek: ... i've been out here a long time ... building web sites and such ... and a few years ago there was a wonderful article, Black Sites That Are White Owned, authored by Cinque B. Sengbe, please check it out. It speaks to this very issue and I think it's an important one. We should help each other distinguish what is and what isn't, if we can.

I find it amazing, all of our lives, being black was never a good thing. But then comes the Internet, and all of these non-black companies launch web sites that ... guess what ... are "black!" I mean gosh ... the first time in history that it was a good thing to be black ... we still don't get to take advantage of it! We can't take advantage because we are competing with white companies that look black and have all the money and all the advantage and all the opportunity ... well ... almost all ... cause you can't fake black. :wink:

Having said all of that ... please do share the site with us. I think we should all know if they are presenting themselves as black and they are really white.

:heart:

Destee

4. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    BV or Black voices thx NNQueen and Destee Love you both.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Yes Prometheusunbou ... according to that article i shared with you, they are owned by the Chicago Tribune.

Love you Black!

:heart:

Destee

6. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Oh, THAT place...lol Thanks for the info...

Peace!

7. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Peace and love NNQUEEN:

Now you know you gotta come over to voice chat...where so many from the old chatroom are now. You will surely enjoy the poetry and music...and actually hear the voices of people you've been chatting with for years, including mine!!! :) And you can hit us back vocally and/or message-wise!

Destee has provided us with a state-of-theart forum...the only Black voice chatroom on the Internet, and it is awesome! God continues to bless her in her innate desire for us to have the best...

I patiently await your arrival...I'm dying to hear you. Remember how we used to "saaaaang" in the old chatroom? Well, I'm singing on voice chat now...;)

Peace and much love, NNQUEEN...and I hope to see you soon...

aqil

8. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Okay..okay...as you can tell I have some time on my hands this morning, so I'll see if I can join you all...*lol*

Peace and much love to you too, aqil!!!

9. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    There are Times that my voice will be silent and that's because I drive a truck but I love all of you and again I give Destee much praise for her hard work and time, she is truly an African Queen.