Black People : Merry Christmas or Happy Kwanzaa??

Heartfelt...

Thank you so much mzjoice for that heatfelt breakdown. I really needed that. I feel more optimistic, and as a matter of fact I think I will run out and get a book on Kwanzaa today! I still have time to implement the principles. It starts the day after Xmas right? I guess you were right, maybe I am feeling the holiday blues. I never really tripped that could be it. I'm glad I posted this thread, it's been insightful as well as informative. I do believe that at this point in my life (40) I need to surround myself with meaningful things, people and situations. Xmas This year is a prime example of that. it holds no real meaning for me anymore other than getting together with family and friends. I guess I'm lookin for a more spiritual connection to the holiday itself. Thanxx again ;)

Yes, Free, you still have time. Also don't feel you have to be invited to someones Kwanzaa celebration. Most communities nowadays have an event, and the participants would be happy for your attendance. Pull out your best cultural wear (but not necessary!) and go, if you get a chance.....
and for all the rest, you welcome!

So what are you doing this holiday season? Are you still celebrating Christmas, or are doing Kwanzza instead, and why? I have never celebrated Kwanzaa, even though I'm very interested in learning more about it. However, as the years roll in and out, I'm finding my discontent for the traditional Christmas more and more overwhelming. I'm tired of the sales, the being broke at the end of the year, buying gifts for folks who don't even appreciate the thought. I feel like what is the real meaning behind this commercial holiday anyway? Why are we still celebrating it when the true meaning is lost in the translation of the sales paper? Someone please, throw me a life vest....:SuN048:

SUPERMAN.. here grab my cape..:SuN047:

CHRISTMAS IS NEXT WEEK

WOW, CHRISTMAS IS NEXT WEEK AND I DIDN'T EVEN BUY A TREE. ALTHOUGH I'M REALLY NOT IN THE SPIRIT THIS YEAR, I STILL WANTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FESTIVITIES. WELL, I HAVE BEEN BACK AND FORTH WITH THIS AND NOW THE HOLIDAY IS JUST NEXT WEEK! THIS IS SOMETHING, I MEAN, TIME IS FLYIN BY SO FAST, I HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO BUY A SINGLE GIFT!

IT DOESN'T HELP THAT, AS I DRIVE AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD, I HARDLY SEE ANYONE FEELIN TOO CHRISTMAS-Y. NO LIGHTS, OR DECORATIONS, NOTHING. CURTAINS CLOSED AND LIGHTS OUT! SO IT IS HARD TO GET MOTIVATED. NEXT YEAR, I WILL GIVE IT MORE THOUGHT AS TO HOW IM GOING TO SPEND MY FUTURE HOLIDAYS.:SuN024:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back