Black People Politics : Meredith McIver, the Plagiarizer Comes Forward

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by UBNaturally, Jul 21, 2016.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Who is Meredith McIver, the Trump staffer who took the fall for Melania’s speech?
    July 20, 2016

It's safe to say that we could have probably gone the entire presidential campaign without mentioning her name.

But on Wednesday, Meredith McIver, a self-described "longtime friend and admirer of the Trump family" and a staff writer for Trump's main holding company, the Trump Organization -- not for the campaign -- apologized for inadvertently plagiarizing a part of Michelle Obama's 2008 Democratic convention speech for Melania Trump's speech. She said she had offered her resignation, and that it was refused by the Trumps:

Read more
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...staffer-who-took-the-fall-for-melanias-speech

One of two things come to mind with this... well maybe three

1. Either Donald tossed this woman under the bus
    2. Someone wanted to taint "the Donald" (the ego is real), as they don't consider him a real Republican politician, and abhor his style of political incorrectness.
    3. Meredith McIver made an obvious use of Michelle Obama's speech, and should be blasted like Melania Trump has been (previously thought it may have been Matthew Scully).

While the GOP worries about convention chaos, Trump pushes for ‘showbiz’ feel

Trump left open the possibility that he would seek to install his own allies at the RNC should he accrue the 1,237 delegates required to win the nomination by the time primary voting ends in June. Asked in the interview whether he would retain RNC Chairman Reince Priebus in that scenario, Trump replied: “I don’t know. I haven’t made the determination.”​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2cc914-0322-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html

Still think it was Scully, and McIver just took the hit for this.
    But doesn't matter, either way this episode is good entertainment

:popcorn1:

2. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +763
    A noble scapegoat.... what a joke. If I was on the fence about The Donald's ability to manage his house, I would now be looking at the other camp.

Peace