Black People Politics : Mere Rallies and Speeches Don't Create New Movements!!

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by chuck, Jul 3, 2016.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    However inspiring those who speak up and out via the black lives matter hastags etc.

What are they suggesting for us to do about our peoples issues and problems??

Any and all comments about that will be both appreciated and are quite welcomed!!

fyi

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Mere Rallies and Speeches Don't Create New Movements!!
    One could become disenchanted and frustrated with our inability to scale the social/economic/educational ladder with a much higher degree of success. Rallies and speeches usually die where they begin. I don't know if it is just a lack of enthusiasm or an overall sense of defeatism along with so many underlying issues that plaque AA people. No; rallies and speeches don't create movements-leaders that are born out of tragedies do!!! Just my take on it..

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  3. Chaya Chaim

Chaya Chaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +269
    This is how I feel about the NAACP, black lives matter, and Black Democrats "Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Jah wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil."-James 4:13-16

They are just here to keep us down not to tells us our ancestors once ruled nations, and avoid the pride that led to the downfall the Gods and goddess ancient peoples even the Caucasians , archeologists just found cave paintings of the neanderthal man of tall negroid peoples everywhere

4. Al D

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Yes brother you are correct, no one person knows what tomorrow will bring and some will boast and produce nothing but what they can acquire for themselves and some will be like that of a mist, here one second and gone the next. These are not new but the most important question you asked is what is your life? In spite of everything that we are confronted with in life we have to decide what is our life. What meaning will we give it and how will we live it. And yes, there are those who seek to keep us down but that isn't where we were born to be..I hear folks talking about how we come from kings and queens, how we once ruled nations and blah, blah blah...Well we ain't ruling nothing now and where we come from is not doing a d--n thing for where we are and where we have yet to go...So again: what is your life is the main component..And if it is the will of the creator or creators like you have intimated (and I'm sure it is otherwise we wouldn't have life) then we need not waste it!!! Good Post Chaya Chaim...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Good analysis bruh...

fyi

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Only time will tell who is going to help us raise new social and political consciousness among our black people in this century as well!!

fyi

7. Al D

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Yes brother Chuck, only time will tell. History has shown us that there is always a changing of the guard or some modification of it. The ruling class and their ideologies and traditions either fade or become fused with the emergence of the another group. The question is where will AA people be and how will we factor into the equation. As it stands right now it doesn't look that good. We have been spinning our wheels for the past century and not making any real headway. We have got to change how we view ourselves and where we see ourselves in the future.. Education and knowledge with application equals success.."CHANGE THE NARRATIVE" It is a must!!! I can not overstate this brother...Otherwise it's the same old African/Black american people with the same old African/Black american story..

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    My take on what's taking place over the past fifty years in the states is why we got from there to here bro!!

And what are you doing to help move us forward again as well??

fyi

9. Al D

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Please elaborate brother?

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Too many veterans of the civil rights and black power eras fail to realize today's young black activists also will make bonehead bad mistakes and then it's our responsibility to tell the truth about that too:

I also do that as a forgiving and patient advisor etc.

I. e., all new activists have to fight their battles, via new approaches, prove the worthiness of their ideas, by their actual impact on our continued existence as human beings...

Just my feelings and thoughts at the moment bro

fyi