Black Spirituality Religion : Mere knowledge through words will not bring realization- Enjoy the misery

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by dattaswami1, May 14, 2008.

1. dattaswami1

dattaswami1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Mere knowledge through words will not bring realization- Enjoy the misery

You are trying to remove the problems but the problems are only your real friends in the spiritual line. The constant existence of problems will activate you and suppress your egoism creating a favorable atmosphere for the devotion to God. The happiness will make you proud and lazy and you will be deviated from the spiritual line. Therefore scholars like to enjoy the problems which are the guiding forces in the spiritual line. Kunti asked for existence of problems continuously as a boon from Krishna. The real tears will come in misery only while praying the God. This human life is obtained as rare chance after a long time of passing through several lives of animals. Thus the animal nature is concentrated in us and the constant presence of beating stick is necessary for us to grow in the right spiritual path. Mere knowledge through words will not bring realization.

From this point also avoiding the enjoyment of punishments is also not correct for the spiritual progress. The realized soul invites difficulties for the sake of spiritual progress. An ignorant soul tries to avoid the difficulties and invites happiness by praying God. God brings back the results of good deeds arranged in the future life cycles with reduced value like a pre-matured deposit. By this the future cycle becomes full of misery only. Sometimes we find people who are hit with misery from birth to death. These were the people who pressed God for happiness and their happiness of previous births was the fruits of good deeds drawn from the present life cycle. God arranges every human life with alternating fruits of good and bad deeds like meals with alternating sweet and hot dishes. A liberated soul invites both happiness and misery in alternating way for full entertainment.

The happiness derived from such entertainment is continuous and is called as Ananda. Nanda means happiness. The letter ‘A’ before Nanda means continuity (Aasamantaat). The word Sukham denotes happiness which is always temporary. It disappears when misery appears. But Ananda is continuous happiness, if you can enjoy the misery also like a hot dish. A spiritual aspirant who aims at the grace of God wants to perform penance which is a rigorous Saadhana. While doing penance you create difficulties artificially by litting the fire around you. This means spiritual aspirant wants continuous misery as the guiding force.

The happiness and richness induce egoism and inertness which are obstacles of spiritual Saadhana. You will wonder to hear the special worship performed by Me sometime back in which I uttered the Sankalpa which states that I should get severe difficulties and poverty so that Jnana, Bhakti and Vairagya (spiritual knowledge, devotion and detachment) will improve in Me. Thus if you are a realized soul, you will invite difficulties as your spiritual guru. If you are a liberated soul you will invite both for entertainment. If you go to a picture, you like to see scenes of both happiness and misery. When you take meals you like both sweet and hot dishes. Then why are you not inviting both misery and happiness in your life for entertainment? The entire creation created by God for entertainment is a mixture of day & night, summer & winter, birth & death, happiness & misery etc. The equality in the entertainment of both is called as Yoga according to the Gita (samatvam yoga uchyate).

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

2. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    For me, I am finding some truth in what you are saying. I have been told that I was going thru this transition bc of the cycle I am entering or leaving (oops I forgot).
    Any way,
    Could it be that I am being disciplined and reshaped (trying to verbalize my understanding to the best of my ability) to be prepared for something, as you say (spiritual knowledge, devotion and detachment)? Every one has a path that they need to follow and I am searching for mine. Everything at this point is kind of at a stand still except my learning about my African origin/history and anything that deals with spirituality and Self. I noticed that every once in a while I am rewarded with something I want or possibly need. If I complete a task or pass the "test" I progress to the next level? lol This is just a thought though.
    My biggest obstacle is lol I can be so indecisive and critical of myself. And when I do that I tend to run away looking for answers outside of myself and end up bumping my head (picture a chicken running around with its head off ). But that can also stem from "fear" of not knowing the outcome of that decision. I dont know if I can "enjoy the misery" but instead be humbled by it all, expecting to gain wisdom.

"Mere knowledge through words will not bring realization."

Ok what does this mean? I can pick up on something but sometimes when it comes to expressing it verbally I cant find the words. Is this what you meant by that statement? I think I'm off lol or do you mean that only through experience can I understand what is being taught (said) to me? Ok what do you mean?

3. Jaisolovely

Ratings:
    +3
    Could you also explain to me the practice of detachment. I have many distractions outside of myself. I find it hard to even meditate and I am still learning how to do that.

4. dattaswami1

dattaswami1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    First of all, you must know that meditation is not the real path to attain the grace of the Lord. Meditation means fixing your mind on a form or formless God. You can imagine only any thing, which is in the realm of the space-time. This means that you can meditate upon only a part or total creation and not upon the creator. God is not the creation and is also not in the creation. If God is creation, you are also God and there is no need of any meditation. If God is in the creation, all the changes in the creation must affect the God. Kapila says "Asangohyayam purushash", which means that God is not associated with creation.

Gita also says the same (Nachaaham Teshu..). God enters a small item of the creation and pervades all over that item for your service, which is only the proven love. Did you meditate upon your parents or wife or children? No, because you have real love to them. You serve them directly and not their photos or some other inert objects keeping as their models. You serve them in their human forms. They are different from their human bodies as souls. But you are serving the soul through the human body.

Similarly the Lord enters a human body and available for your true love. You must take pains to detect him. Have you not taken pains to search a suitable girl for marriage to show your true love? Take the help of the divine knowledge. Vedas and Gita have given the procedure to detect the human incarnation. To cut your bonds with the family members, who are also, human beings, another human form of God is only the equal competitor. Formless objects, statues and photos cannot compete. Your body is also a human form.

The bond with money is only for the human forms. If you develop the bond with human incarnation, which is Lord Himself called as Sadguru, He will bless you with divine knowledge, which alone can cut your worldly bonds. Since you have not fully realized, your attachment persists. The attachment is violent only due to the high intensity of ignorance, which is nothing but mis-interpreted and twisted wrong knowledge. Such ignorance can disappear only by the light of true divine knowledge.

The source of that knowledge is Sadguru. Therefore, you must catch a Sadguru and hear His divine knowledge constantly. You must clarify your doubts at every stage. When you are fully clarified, the ignorance disappears like the darkness in the presence of sunlight. Thus, the root cause is only ignorance and root remedy is only true knowledge. When the ignorance is associated with egoism and jealousy, it is like diabetes associated with hypertension and kidney-failure. Your case is not serious because you are with ignorance only. It will be easy to treat you.

5. Jaisolovely

Ratings:
    +3
    ??????

You did not answer my questions directly so Ill just leave this thread alone and confused. Thanks any way...
    And for the record I am a female so I will not be looking for a "suitable girl" for marriage. :eek::uhoh::uhoh::look:

6. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

AS RILEY FREEMAN WOULD SAY -- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO