Black Astrology : Mercury Retrograde

Discussion in 'Black Astrology' started by Astrologer4U, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Astrologically Mercury represents the principles of communication, mentality, thinking patterns, rationality, reasoning, adaptability and variability. Mercury governs schooling, education, the immediate environment of neighbors, siblings, cousins transports over short distances, messages and forms of communication such as post, email and telephone; newspapers, journalism and writing, information gathering skills, and physical dexterity...

Mercury is retrograding in Aquarius now. Mercury retrogrades for about a month three times a year. During a Mercury retrograde astrologers usually note that you can expect things to go wrong in terms of signing contracts, arranging meetings, mail being displaced, misunderstandings, missed communication, electronic instruments acting up and other such mishaps. Anything involving communications should be looked at carefully during a Mercury Rerograde.

What is Mercury Retrograde?:
    This happens three to four times per year, when the planet Mercury slows down, and appears to stop (station) and move backward (retrograde). It's an optical illusion, since there is forward movement, like speeding by a slow-moving train -- as it recedes, it appears to go backward.

What are the Mercury Retrograde dates for 2009?:

The dates are January 11-31 - May 6th to 30th - September 6th to 29th - December 26th to January 15th 2010.

What happens during Mercury Retrograde?:

Since Mercury rules communication, it's said that everything goes haywire in that area -- emails get deleted or bounced back, mail is returned, calls go out into the ethers, etc. Some people find that their computers go on the fritz or phone lines go down. I've never seen the hard data on this, so make your own observations. It does seem though that miscommunications abound during the retrograde period.

A Time-Out:
    Mercury retrograde gives us time to catch up with ourselves, and to look back. Something from the past might return in a different form. This can mean people, ideas or buried insights that need to surface for you to move forward. Often it's felt as a contemplative time, depending on the sign, a chance to go over old ground again, to claim what you missed the first time.

Here is a perfect example of a recent Mercury retrograde incident that we may all be aware of...

Astrologer4U

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Thanks for the info!

3. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
  4. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    This is a video someone else created, they are making a mockery of Obama.

People really should become more open and aware before they go off saying silly things...

5. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    Well, this certainly would explain the site cutting up like it did....... as aquarius rules technology, and pluto rules communication. might want to avoid submitting tax returns electronically during times of retrograde,also.

6. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    I am glad you caught on, that was the real reason why I had created this thread and put the parts in read that I had put in read. Plus, the dates are significant too.

You are right, I won't be submitting my tax returns until Mercury goes direct.:eek:hmy:

7. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    It is going to be interesting when Mercury goes direct, looking back on the past... :argue:

Mercury is retrograding in Aquarius now. Mercury retrogrades for about a month three times a year. During a Mercury retrograde astrologers usually note that you can expect things to go wrong in terms of signing contracts, arranging meetings, mail being displaced, misunderstandings, missed communication, electronic instruments acting up and other such mishaps. Anything involving communications should be looked at carefully during a Mercury Rerograde.

A friend of mines just told me today that the cable guy came out to connect her internet high speed and before the internet guy left, he told her she would not be able to make outgoing calls on her phone because he is going to have to come back to do some re adjustments... hahaha

Good thing she has a cell phone, the only thing is, her cell phone has not been producing it's normal quality of use these days either. :uhh:

8. bigzel69

bigzel69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

STUDENT/FINANCE INTERN
    Ratings:
    +1
    OMG THIS WHOLE RETROGRADE STUFF IS RIFICULOUS. IS THAT A WORD? WELL IT IS NOW. MY COMPUTER HASNT BEEN WORKING A WHOLE NIGHT. KEEPS ON TELLIN ME MY NOTES ON FACEBOOK ARE UNAVAILABLE. WAT NONSENSE.

9. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

I'm tellin you... So far so good, I have not had any goof ups with my communication electronic devices. However, I have been experiencing quite a bit of missed communications and misunderstandings.

Astrologer4U

10. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    I made an appointment last monday to see a lawyer his secretary told me to come this thursday at 9am. I got up early, to get to this appointment. The office was located downtown so I had to pay a 2 dollar fee every 20 minutes for parking. I gets to the building just to find out that all appointments had been cancelled for the day. Something kept telling me to call before I went but I figured they were professionals and would not give me an appointment if they were not going to be there. That's Mercury retrograde for ya.

1-31-09 is the last day for this Mercury retrograde and I am looking forward to it. :)