Black Women : MENSTRUAL CYCLE-PLEASE READ!

Goddess Auset333

BANNED
Feb 9, 2007
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 7:34 AM

MENSTRUAL CYCLE-PLEASE READ!

PASS THIS ON EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE IT

Recently this past week, my cousin Nicole Dishuk (age 31...newly grad student with a doctoral degree about to start her new career as a Doctor...) was flown into a nearby hospital, because she passed out.

They found a blot clot in her neck, and immediately took her by helicopter to the ER to operate. by the time they removed the right half of her skull to relieve the pressure on her brain, the clot had spread to her brain causing severe damage.

Since last Wednesday night, she was battling.. they induced her into a coma to stop the blood flow, They operated 3 times..

Finally, they said there was nothing left that they could do.. they found multiple clots in the left side of her brain.. the swelling wouldn't stop, and she was on life support..

She died at 4:30 yesterday. She leaves behind a husband, and a 2yr old
Brandon and a 4yr old Justin.. The CAUSE of DEATH - they found was a birth control she was taking that allows you to only have your period 3X's a year... They said it interrupts life's menstrual cycle, and although it is FDA approved... shouldn't be - So to the women in my address book - I ask you to boycott this product & deal with your period once a month - so you can live the rest of the months that your life has in store for you.

*Please send this to every woman you know - you may save someone's
life... Remember, you have a CYCLE for a reason!

That her death was caused by her birth control is considered an urban myth - likely created and supported by rival Birth Control (BC) companies.

Bear in mind, millions of women skip their periods regularily with hormonal BC methods - skipping the placebo pills for the week.. use depo for years at a time.. use BC to bring on their periods early.. yet.. even using the pill "properly" is changing/controlling/managing the natural cycle.

How much meddling with the natural cycle is too much? skipping a day? a week? a month? a year? It's like being a little bit pregnant - either you meddle, or you dont.

I also think that given the amount of BC in use, the amount of meddling with the cycles - if it was a serious medical danger we'd know it - not just instinctively, but statistically.

Just as an aside: Using chemical BC prevents any buildup in the lining of the uterus - so skipping periods isnt as if your uterus is suddenly overloaded enough to cause hemmorhages in other parts of the body ;) (I know that wasnt said here - but I've heard it implied in other discussions as a serious concern.)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back