Black Relationships : MENDING MARRIAGE (Motivated to love)

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by $$RICH$$, Mar 1, 2015.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS STRATEGIES TO MEND A MARRIAGE

I remember the Sunday that I told my wife I didn't love her anymore. We skipped church that day and instead spent the morning sitting at the dining room table trying to figure out what went wrong. I hated myself for the pain that I was causing her…but I was truly convinced that I didn't love her anymore…that I couldn't love her anymore. Despite my objections, my wife went to work on the marriage. When I pushed her away…she dug in deeper. When I loved less…she loved even more.... Never in my life had I witnessed so much faith, so much resilience. When people ask me what caused me to return to my marriage…I tell them it was her consistency. It was her motivation to love me in spite of what I wasn't giving her. Just because you've been told that your marriage is over, that doesn't mean that you have to give up...my wife didn't. Instead of sitting on the strategies that she took to restore our marriage, she packaged them into her very first book. Maybe you need these strategies...maybe you know someone else who does. No matter the case, A gift to marriage:

www.motivated2love.com

[​IMG]
    MOTIVATED TO LOVE
    by
    Amanda B. Taylor
    “Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person. To love somebody isn’t just a strong feeling. It is a decision, a judgement and a promise.”

Amanda is a woman passionate about helping others succeed as they embark on their personal journey of becoming love. She believes you can only give away what you have and thus this book is a byproduct of her experiences of truly becoming unconditional love. She still vividly remembers the Sunday morning that her husband (David Taylor) woke up and told her that he was not in love with her anymore. She remembers the depression, the fear and the confusion that she battled as she fought for her marriage. After enduring the rejection, the loneliness and the challenge to love her husband unconditionally, her marriage was eventually restored. Now she is dedicated to sharing her story and her strategies of how to love unconditionally with others who are experiencing similar struggles. Through Mend Our Marriage, both her and her husband serve thousands of couples looking to break the back of divorce. Motivated To Love is her guide to helping them succeed.

She with hope to stop the trend of broken marriage and mend and restore the love in the home
    this could be a great strategy of a strong sister who refused to let her marriage free but restore it
    to new heights .....

2. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    On my books to buy list.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    She make some really good points and advice.

4. MinisterDGJR

MinisterDGJR New Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, I believe that the key to building stronger marriages is to start building stronger husbands. If you know of any men who are struggling in their marriage, who desire to be married, or husbands who want to love their wives as God intended, please refer them to my new book entitled, Loving Her Means Loving HIM. This book provides insight into what it really means to be a godly husband, while navigating the challenges of married life. You can go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble to see a preview and/or order a copy. God Bless!

The following is an excerpt from the book Loving Her Means Loving HIM, from the chapter entitled: "Back To Basics".

"What are some other basic acts of love? Well how about the random acts of chivalry that seem old and antiquated to this younger generation? Simple things like opening the door for your wife or complimenting her on how she looks while she is getting dressed. How about taking an impromptu walk in the park or sending a text message reminding her of how beautiful she is? Even sending flowers to her job to acknowledge her birthday is a subtle reminder to her that she still matters to you. All of these acts are the outward demonstration of the inward love and appreciation you have for her. Here is a 'News Flash' for all husbands, our wives are not as impressed by our loving words as they are by the actions that we put behind them. So whenever you begin to question if there is still a ‘flicker-in-her-flame’ for you, make sure that you are at least nailing the basics, because that just might be where her fire lost its spark."

5. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Our marriage will be 28 years this year. IMO there is no recipe for a good marriage, except a good foundation - Loving Her Means Loving HIM. Our foundation has always been "love your wife as God loves the church. Our marriage, commitment to each other changes each year. The first year of marriage pales to the 10th. The 10th was nothing like the 20th. And the 20th does not have the same type of love as the 28th.

The love of the 28th is similar to the first. We celebrate 28 years of going thru in good times and bad. In sickness and in health.

Marriage is not for the weak.

6. MinisterDGJR

MinisterDGJR New Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree with you IFE, and I'm glad to see that you both have laid a solid spiritual foundation for your marriage. I appreciate your wisdom in the statement, "Our marriage, commitment to each other changes each year." Many people might find that hard to grasp, but essentially it means that as you both grow individually and collectively, your marriage commitment does not remain stagnant, but it evolves as well.

May God continue to bless and keep you both!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. motivated2love.com

2. motivated2love

3. the book motivated to love