Black Men : Men With Manis and Pedis, Is That Cool?

To Buff Up Before Games, NBA Stars Hit the Nail Salon

OAKLAND, Calif.— Harrison Barnes can go almost nowhere these days without being recognized. Mr. Barnes is a 6-foot-8 starter for the Golden State Warriors, the beloved basketball team here, and the Bay Area is so antsy with NBA Finals excitement that he stands out nearly everywhere he goes.

But there is still one place where Mr. Barnes is anonymous among the other clientele: the nail salon.

Last week, on a quiet afternoon before the Finals began, Mr. Barnes walked into the organic spa down the street from the team’s practice gym. He plopped into a leather chair, rolled up his sweatpants and dipped his toes into a pool of warm water. It was time for his pre-Finals pedicure.

“I even wore my Warriors stuff,” he said. “They don’t say anything. It’s totally great.”

Mr. Barnes isn’t the only player who takes pains to primp. Golden State guard Justin Holiday was sitting for his own pedicure in the next seat. They say they stop by this salon about once every three weeks. But another Warriors player, Leandro Barbosa, has them beat. He says he comes every week.

“My feet’s ugly, man,” Mr. Barbosa said.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/to-buff-up-before-games-nba-stars-hit-the-nail-salon-1433981351

i think more and more men are cool with getting manis and pedis

i saw where Judge Mathis had his fingernails shining with some clear polish on 'em

likewise ... women are doing more manly things too ... liking taking out the trash ... :)

lookout world

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back