Black Men : Men With Manis and Pedis, Is That Cool?

I don't mind when a guy grooms himself and does it well; just don't do it like a female does it, because that bothers me. But I like guys to be a little rough around the edges anyhow.

I expect my man to keep his nails clean and trimmed. His hands always look nice to me. He does them himself. I also like a guy to look a little rough around the edges, like he could change a tire or something without worrying about breaking a nail. I know a few metrosexual guys. They get salon manis and pedis, carry man purses, dress to the nines, etc. I know they aren't gay, they're cool people, but I don't find them attractive as men. But, there are some women who wouldn't have a man who wasn't that way. They go to the salon together even.

The examples you have outlined are extremes. And not cool. Metrosexuals aren't real men

They seem extreme, huh?

I used to think so too, until I found out there are NBA players doing this too, now. Instead of calling it extreme, I consider it a new trend. Who would have thought men would be walking around with their butts showing one day? When Snoop's doing it and pro ballers are doing it, you can bet teenagers will soon start to emulate the trend.

Athletic dudes' girly little secret: the pedi

310056-g-hlt-120406-%20timtebow-308p.today-inline-med.jpg

Earlier this week, New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow was photographed at an L.A. salon, where he indulged in a mani-pedi.

Pedicures have a reputation for being a girls-only activity -- but recently, a few high-profile male athletes are helping to bust that stereotype.

For those who play sports and have an active lifestyle, a pedicure is less a luxury and more about keeping their feet in great shape. The Wall Street Journal recently reported that
Dwyane Wade, the Miami Heat shooting guard, gets "sports pedicures," which is what some salons call a no-frills foot treatment designed for the pedi-hesitant man or woman. And this week, photos surfaced online suggesting that quarterback Tim Tebow occasionally indulges, too.

According to Dr. Howard Osterman, the team podiatrist for the
Washington Wizards basketball team, a handful of his team's players get pedicures every six weeks during the season.

Players consider it necessary in terms of foot health and reducing their risk of injury, he suggests. "They're not the least bit embarrassed, and they see it as part of their training program," Osterman says. "It's as much medical as it is cosmetic."

http://www.today.com/health/athletic-dudes-girly-little-secret-pedi-681903

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back