Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Liberty, Nov 14, 2015.
[me-troh-sek-shoo-uh l] /ˌmɛ troʊˈsɛk ʃu əl/
a heterosexual, usually urban male who pays much attention to his personal appearance and cultivates an upscale lifestyle.
pertaining to or being a metrosexual:
You can see from the matching colors in every room that he has a metrosexual focus on home décor.
Origin of metrosexual
1990-95; metro(politan) + (hetero)sexual
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2015.
Cite This Source
Examples from the Web for metrosexual
The metrosexual, along with his tell-tale five o clock trunk shadow, was born.
The Return of Chest Hair Jessi Klein December 15, 2008
If any of this flim-flam is true, the lumbersexual already sounds way more annoying than the metrosexual.
How Straight World Stole ‘Gay’: The Last Gasp of the ‘Lumbersexual’ Tim Teeman November 11, 2014
"Retrosexual" has replaced " metrosexual " to describe a breed of über-masculine fashionistos (clad in $300 flannel shirts).
Modern Male Confusion Jessica Bennett March 1, 2011
Spurlock, it appears, has suddenly discovered the metrosexual —albeit a few years late.
In ‘Mansome,’ Morgan Spurlock Takes On Modern Masculinity Jessica Bennett April 26, 2012
You might be "metrosexual" if:
1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.
2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse.
3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.
4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for breakfast... all from scratch.
5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.
6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.
7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.
8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.
9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and vintage first.
10. Despite being flattered (even proud) that gay guys hit on you, you still find the thought of actually getting intimate with another man truly repulsive.
"Some people think he's gay, but he's actually metrosexual."
I don't mind when a guy grooms himself and does it well; just don't do it like a female does it, because that bothers me. But I like guys to be a little rough around the edges anyhow.
The examples you have outlined are extremes. And not cool. Metrosexuals aren't real men
Photoshop is great ain't it? lol
Painting nails, false nails is over the top
Cleaning cutting your nails washing your hands and using lotion as a man is not
Separate names with a comma.