Men with eating disorders.

I'm not so sure that men's eating disorders are on the way to becoming as prevelant as women's...
but this may be changing(?)

I agree that there are the same influences on brothas (young and old) as sistas. The stands are filled with “health” magazines with big buffed models with six packs on them. Even the hip hop magazines (Vibe, XXL, Source) are filled with buffed models (and celebreties) flossin the stylish gear. (If I see another video or picture of L.L. Cool J with his shirt off, I going to puke).

At any rate, since men tend to BE visual, some might assume that most women/potential mates are visual as well, and be all stressed about it. Our society seems to place a lot of value on size and appearance. Geez, it's one more diversion from romancing our partners... like flexing our biceps is better than buying flowers and helping with the dishes. Am I right, ladies? Check in! What do you really value in a man? Six pack? Bringing home the bacon? Showing he loves you in a way you absorb it? Serving you? Saying he loves you? A massage? Chocolate? Just time together? Is it important what we look like? Why or why not? Do we need to be stressed about how we look?

Well I think women are attracted to men who are physically attractive. However you are right, there is an over emphasis on it by this society.

But we must be honest at the end of day and say that alot of people do not date for inner beauty they date based off what they see. As long as people are wise enough to take into account the person as a whole, I do not see nothing wrong with a sista wanting a nice looking man who does all the things you listed. There are some of us out their.

Yeah, I think we are getting the same treatment that men have been giving women for years, as far as being interested in looks more than anything else. Well, actually for women, I think money goes first. But we are now being held up to the light and looked at and compared to these guys on videos and magazine pages. For a guy now it's more important to have a six pack and muscles than to be healthy. I think men do starve themselves, and it would be alot harder to find out about it because a man will never admit that. I've never wanted to have muscles bulging out of my neck, but at the same time I do see the difference in the way women see a man who does have that. They love it. Like "The Rock" and Vin Diesel and other guys. I mean, women love these guys. Not for their talent, but for their appearance. So when you see this you can obviously see why alot of guys would try to mimic this. Me myself, I don't want to have to worry about it all turning to flab later on if I don't keep up the steady gym work-outs, so I'd rather stay skinny. :lol:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back