Black Relationships : Men who trap women with pregnancy?

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Oba Iparankanru said:
I wonder how exactly thats possible? I pretty much agree with panafrica on this one. I can't think of anyway a man can possibly trap a woman with a baby unless she's super blonde and or mentally retarded. especially with how the laws are set up.
It doesn't make sense to play the victim, when it isn't true! When it comes to sex & its consequences (disease, unwanted pregnancy, deadbeat fathers)....women have more control over the situation, than many of them like to claim!

bobo

Nov 25, 2004
Destee said:
Brother Kente ... i disagree. If you are aware of Nos. 1, 2, and 3 above (and all the other possible "traps" that could ensnare you) ... and you don't want to have a child ... then you always have the ultimate choice of not having sex. You give up that control when you engage in sexual relations, knowing that these things can happen. If they happen, you can't blame it on someone else. You made a decision to have sex, to partake in an act that could possibly, remotely, produce a child. How can you put the consequences of that act on the shoulders of another, when you knew full well going in (no pun intended), what the outcome could be?

The fact that the female has complete control over the decision of having the baby, aborting it, etc., is no different. At some point (prior to putting your penis in her vagina), you had complete control over whether you created a child. You willingly relinquish that control once you put your penis in her vagina, and the child is conceived. If you know this, and still put your penis in, then you can't blame anyone but yourself for that.

You weren't trapped, maybe careless, irresponsible, a host of other words ... but i don't think trapped is appropriate.

:heart:

Destee
Your reasoning is outstanding, I agree with you but, the bottom line is people do things to benefit themselves even if it requires sabotage or trickery, in this case using the creation of a baby to get money, or to keep two people together.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
All this tells me is that you should never give other people control over your body or your destiny. Keep that responsibility to yourself. It's not enough to believe that someone loves you enough or that you can trust someone so completely that they may always have your best interest at heart. People are people and on any given day, moods can change.

Queenie :spinstar:

Prizefighter16

Aug 14, 2004
:eek:oops: :jawdrop:I don't think i was supposed to read this. I mean, I thought my generation had problems, man, grown folks....

I could give my opinion,:thinking: but really, i mean dang :haha:, i know im waiting till marriage and all that.

SCW

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Prizefighter16 said:
I don't think i was supposed to read this. I mean, I thought my generation had problems, man, grown folks....I could give my opinion, but really, i mean dang, i know im waiting till marriage and all that.
Yes sister Prizefighter, grown folks do has issues. However, there are lessons to be learned with them...if you are observant. You will know what not to do, and how not to behave!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz