Black Relationships : Men Who Lie

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
One day I was riding along with my cousin Miraculous (that's his real name). He had just helped his mother put his bedridden father into a wheelchair to get some excercise before we headed off to Georgetown. It occurred to him to turn around so he could help his mother put his father back into bed. He called her on his cell and told her to wait that we were right around the corner. After hanging up he leaned over and informed me that actually we were like 45 minutes away but he didn't want to tell his mother that because she would go on and try to lift his father by herself and injure her fibroids.

I said "Mrac, what should I do if a man is lying and I know he's lying but it's for a good cause?" He said "Let him lie if it's for a good cause. Now if it's not for a good cause tell him he's a horrible liar. It's not working for him and he should start telling the truth." Then I said "You know if more women listened to their male cousins maybe there wouldn't be so much divorce." He said "You're probably right."

After he put his father back into the bed we headed back for Georgetown. Presently he leaned over and said "We're almost there." I said "Sure, right, um hm, tell me anything."

My pastor also advised my sister to be more understanding when her husband lied about paying the bills.

What say you, family? Is there a double standard? Do the responsibilities and pressures of being a man justify lying when it's for a good cause?

I'm always "out there": if it is not true, then it is not true. Folks talk about "shades of gray". To me it makes as much sense as "a little bit pregnant".

I'll just keep watching and shaking my head. One of these days, Mother Earth is gonna slap allus up-side the head ... but folks'll just keep on keepin on and wonderin if they'll ever get out of it/over it/out from under it.

I don't like lyin; I won't lie ... I'm sure that it has "cost me" "friends". But I won't lie. Even if it costs me! "To save my life"? Firstly, I won't put myself in a position to be stuck like that. Secondly; where is the honor in living a lie? But "the west" doesn't know anything about "honor" anyway, so I'll be called "stupid", "naive" and/or whatever.

There may or may not be a Book to Answer to on Judgement Day, but I have to answer to my heart everyday: I won't lie.

There is not Justification for lying no matter the cause. Nothing good can be built on a foundation of lies. Why could not your cousin have waited until he until he was literally around the corner before he called his mom? I know he didn't want his mother to try to lift his father by herself and tell her the truth would have caused her to take action on her own. If your cousin knows how his mother is why not plan to stay with his parents until his father's physical therapy was over. A lie is the worst way to cover up poor planning. I'm not saying your cousin is a bad person. I'm just saying that maybe he should plan better or make better decisions. As for the pastor telling your sister to be understanding of her husband lying about paying the bills! WHAT!!!! Is this the church that you left sister? Because if so I can understand why. Why do we try to put a bandaid on a severed limb to try to stop the bleeding? Maybe what she should understand is that her husband has a problem. Maybe that's what the pastor means.(Hopefully) I don't know what's worse, a man so out of control that he is jeopardizing the well being of his family or someone that would advise a woman to condone such behavior and be understanding, meanwhile the lights and gas are being cutoff and the sherriff is putting their stuff out on the street. Lying does nothing but damage. All that is done in darkness shall be reveal by the light.

Peace......

Truth set you free always if not out of some spot it do free your mind .
A lie is a lie no matter the cause or reason, something that the tongue
say and do seem like at will but theirs no justice to it and it will be revealed

I know growing up i told them and got a really nice back side blast more then
i like and it have departed me from past relationships when i was younger
i learn the hard way to lie is devilish be true to your self and real without a lie
so i deem not to just lie to change any situation.

The responsibility of being a man under any pressure do not justify lying
for any cause or reason.

smh

Leviticus 19:11 - "Do not deceive one another."

There are several things that the Lord says HE hates. A lying tongue...and A false witness that speaketh lies.

It is also stated in the Bible that liars will NOT enter thru the gates of Heaven.

The tongue is a powerful thing. If we use our tongues to speak lies no matter how small we think they may be, we are allowing the devil to use us. A lie is the language of the devil and the devil is the Father of lies. No good can ever come from lies. These days you have to beware of who you can trust and that shouldn't be. People have so many schemes trying to take advantage of people. There was a story on the news a few days ago. This woman would dress up like a bag lady and sit at this corner all day. She was caught on camera getting in her Mercedes Benz at the end of the day after scamming hundres of folks who believed she was homeless and down on her luck. There she was getting money she probably didn't need while a real homeless person a corner away from her who was really in need, got lQQked over because the thief took the last of peoples change.

The lengths people go thru to get a dollar or a pretty woman or that high from drugs....My Lord...smh

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back