Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Men, what are your thoughts on black women and natural hair styles?

I'm letting my afro grow. My hair doesn't come out when I wash it the way it does when I have a perm. I can put temporary locks (kinky twists) in my hair without having to use beeswax then the end of the twist will curl up. It curls that tight but is soft and springy. How can you not be proud of your hair? Who else has hair like ours?

My .02

When a woman alters her appearance, it's normally a sign of flexibility. A hair weave, relaxer, and dye are not really permanent, since they can be grown out. My hair, in it's natural state is neither kinky or curly-"good", rather (Diana Ross) fluffy, in between. I opted for a mild children's relaxer, since MOST of the styles I prefer needed a straighter texture. I never once questioned my dedication to my heritage. However it is kinda crazy when a woman sits around the house with a super perm, blonde dyed hair with a weave, :tweety: bleached skin and light contacts. Other BW make these choices for corporate reasons, or to 'get ahead'. From what I see, the brothers have a preference for fuller straight hair, versus the ultra-straight look. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that so many BW(80%) go straight.:cool:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back