Black People : Men vs women in this forum

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by plove aka lovep, Dec 28, 2006.

1. plove aka lovep

plove aka lovep New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking through the forums and i see a lot of finger pointing.
    Men blaming women and women blaming men about why relationships don't work out.

I would like to ask the men and women of this forum are you in a long lasting meaningful relationships.

If so What makes it work for you.

The reason why i ask is if the men/women is to blame why relationships don't last, how are the people in this forum (if there is any ) able to have long meaningful relationships.

If the ones who are not in long loving relationships does the blaming the other sex for our short coming as a strong black family take away any hope that one day you will have one?

BTW I'm new to this forum and I really don't want to get banned. If there is a problem with my post y'all can take it down.

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

You find someone you're compatible with. Control your own stupidity. Realize that you dont have the right to inflict it on others. Nor do they have the right to inflict their stupidity on you. Take care of each other. Bring peace while you're together.

3. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't see how you could be banned asking about love?

Loving the person as you would yourself,and before that taking the time to get yourself straightened and fixed. You also choose that what you want in a mate by making a good and divine choice. Keep the creator before and during your relationship,so there won't be an after!

My sig sums up the rest of my feelings on the issue along with keep the passion!

4. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Hey, welcome.
    By the responses of this thread I guess not many.
    People want to be the teachers without the thought that maybe they are a year short of their degree.
    I am dating someone I have been friends with for years.
    Talk about a strong man.
    He has been through his own personal hell and I am so very proud of him.
    He has found peace,love,respect for himself and has learned to cope with his imperfections.
    On the days I think I know it all he shows me I can learn more.
    There are levels we are not compatible on but I'll take the good with the bad as long as he does for me.
    I don't know if marriage is possible right now because he is working on establishing financial security for himself.
    He talks about marriage but I'm unsure if he's really ready.
    I'm not sure if I'm ready.
    He has also had a problem with trust in the past.
    It has ruined several of his relationships.
    You know the saying get them before they get you?
    He has lived by that when it comes to women.
    The one thing that we have both learned to do as friends is to be honest about how we feel.
    If u know the person you're with you can tell if they are being honest or simply satisfying your emotions to avoid conflict.