Black Relationships : MEN OWE US NOTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is hard. But I have been saying this for decades. No one puts a gun to your head and makes you date Mookie

So true. I agree wholeheartedly that you’re responsible for what happens to you motionally…if you allow it to happen. As a young man, like most young men, I ran women—that’s what we do. When a woman tells us that she’s this or that, we sometimes take it as a challenge—depending on how she delivers that message—to take her down a peg. i.e. like when she throws it at us as if it’s some pedestal that we should worship her from.

I met this woman who had just gotten out of a bad relationship…and wasn’t looking for a relationship. Neither was I, given that I was dealing with four other women at the time, but the way she said it was extremely disrespectful—as if blaming all men for her bad relationship. Of course, I took that as a challenge. It took me three months to get her to agree to a date but she finally gave in. When it came time for sex, she was like, if you want any of this, you’ve gotta take me to dinner…a movie…to a hotel, etc. Eventually, she gave in…and I had sex with her in the passenger seat of my firebird—it was the seventies—in front of her parent’s house (just to show her that I could). Don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t that I was out to hurt the woman…but I needed her to understand that I wasn’t him…that I wasn’t the one who had hurt her before. Once the nastiness was put aside, and she understood that I wasn’t going to pay for something someone else did, the relationship was good…until she moved away (Chicago). She invited me along but I had just gotten away from there…and I had too much family there to go back.

Another time, I was dealing with a few women when I happened upon this unhappy married woman who was separated from her husband. We teased each other for a time before getting involved. She was so very good at her approach—I’m not talking sexually…though she was good at that too—that I easily fell under her spell. Eventually, she told me that she was beyond the little games I played…and when I got ready for a real woman, to look her up. By the next week, I was all hers. However, as I found out later, she wasn’t all mine.:) yeah, men get played too.

Anyway, people allow themselves to fall into traps before getting to know the person they’re with. KNOW THY MATE.

The truth is hard. But I have been saying this for decades. No one puts a gun to your head and makes you date Mookie

Do remember how we males are taught it is our option to be the ones leading the way, not the other way around...

We are also supposed to be protectors, not predators...

Some things were and are our fault...

How and why too many of us let our female mates down, those are the questions we need and should find answers to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back