Food Discussion : Men Like Fried Chicken!!!

Feather

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 3, 2011
my mom always baked her chicken or boiled it ALL THE TIME UGH...anyway... i was a grown woman and didn't even know how to fry chicken or cook really but i learned trial and error, no body died in the process;) . im still in my transition to eat healthier and if my hubby didn't want it i wouldnt cook it but he likes soul food, and its tempting to me not to grab a few!:p

i've tried to make a crispy crust and it was too crusty LOL
i tried to season the flour and it was too seasoned
i saw my mother in law cook chicken and i didn't follow her exactly because she mixes her flour with the chicken and it's all gooey. i prefer to flour the chix in a seperate bowl.

if you have the general idea flour them and throw them in the oil (not literally :)) of how to fry chicken i just wanted to share my tips to give you a hand if you never quite got it like me. I just did this year:rolleyes:. (i make the chix on stovetop other frying appliances may vary)

1. dont put alot of seasoning in the flour unless you're following a precise recipie, very minimal.

2. use enough oil so that the chicken in half submerged. make like a tiny small flour ball and drop it in the oil, if the oil bubbles around it the oil is ready.

3. keep your heat on med. not high or the flour will burn and your chicken will be burnt and raw inside and you will think its done. NOT GOOD.

4.do NOT use egg, it makes the batter gookey it doesn't make it stick better.

5.just flour them completely, it might look thin but they will get crispy and crunchy as they cook.

6.when you see the side in the oil looking golden brown and like the flour has hardened turn them. they shouldnt burn because the temp should be med.

7. as they cook slowly they will get harder and crispy! mmmm

if it is useful... lemme know how things turn out ;)

fried chicken is full of cholesterol.
you know what james! you're like a little push doll you always pop up with these little short remarks.
i know that lol, we dont eat it all the time or i would be fat.
thanks to my earth there are herbs that cleanse the arteries of toxicities like too much cholesterol Dr. James.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back