Black People : Men Against The Clock Too?

cocobutterskyn

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 25, 2001
Sixburgh, Pa.
Occupation
Spreading Joy.... need some?
I've engaged in many "girl talks" when the talk was about, TIME RUNNING OUT! They were in their thirties and haven't married. That kind of talk wasn't surprising to me.
However, last week I had an interesting and informative "girl to boy talk" with a friend. He touched on that very same subject. He felt as if (Time is running out) It surprised me. I thought maybe he's simply one of those wonderfully sentimental men, or is this a common thought for men?

Do men have an age limit for marriage?

If not married at that age, do they feel "Time is running out"?

Poetically Turn'd Out!
CCBSKYN :heart:

very much indeed we run out of time too .......we feel as if
being a family man we have to do it by a set time span
but when we fill to old we give up on da thoughts yet i've
seen many men get married in their 50's for that companionship
but yes we know our time runs out as well ......

First allow me to say, I am in NO WAY stating ALL unmarried women are desperate. However, I have a few friends and co-workers who seem to be. I have a friend who accept what she thought could be her last chance. It hasn't been a good marriage for her, nonetheless she's able to say, " I's married now" I have asked, "what's the big deal?" They have said, " You don't understand you have been married."

Kem, do men have those similar discussions?

I'm very interested in knowing the way men's clock go off. I feel if women had an idea of a man's perspective, there will be less misconception and more harmony.

Also, I know one of the reasons for marriage is to reproduce. However, a lot of people have already done that..... at least once. The need for marriage from what I'm getting, is for companionship....not to grow old alone or even the novelty of it.

I believe women hear the tick of the clock at...oh.. maybe between the age of 25-30. By age 35 it ticks more rapid and on surroundsound.

What age do you believe men begin to hear their clock?

What age do you believe they feel it's ticking faster?

Poetically Turn'd Out!
CCBSKYN :heart:

And to add to that, I have met men who are married or who once were, who have told me quite candidly that aside from the joy of fatherhood (because the regularity of sex is a myth in many cases), if they had it to do again, they would not get married. We are made differently, and women tend to have more of the group discussions about relationships, etc. Although, as Kem has said, men do talk.

I do commend you Coco, for asking a man about what a man feels is important. Too many times sista/friends have incorrect information based on perceptions that are skewed, for whatever reason. Good communication with the opposite sex is the best source of open and honest dialogue. And I find that once a man feels a woman is judgment-free and not bogged down with preconceived ideas, he'll talk straight talk. Not too many women can handle the truth. (which is why so many bogus relationships develop into bogus marriages ~ in order to keep the 'piece')

Much respect Coco...keep the lines of communication open between the sexes.

a

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back