Poetry Critiques : Memories

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by PoeticLove554, Dec 21, 2007.

1. PoeticLove554

PoeticLove554 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Memories
    These things won’t let us forget; as hard as we try all it takes is a color, a smell, even a warm breeze and we remember. Memories that should be sweet, turn to nightmares as we think of ones we loved, ones we lost. But still we remember because as much as it hurts, we have to. If we don’t they will never forgive. If we don’t we will never forgive. So we remember because memories are all we have of those who aren’t here to make new ones, ones whose lifetimes were cut short, whose paths will never cross ours, at least in this world. We remember so we can keep our sanity. So we can make it through another day pretending they're still with us, when we know they’re not. People say they will always be in our heart but we know better. We know its just memories. But its strange how close these memories make us feel to them, we get so lost in memories that we start to believe if we think hard enough they’ll be back, if even for a moment; if only in our memories.

2. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    This piece gave me a bitter sweet feeling as I read these lines. The memories, though they can be beautiful and heart felt, are all we have left. Your words give the reader reason to ponder about their own loved ones, well posed piece.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i agree wit watz it leaves a bitter sweet feelings upon the mind & soul
    but i wouldn't change a thing on it ......the depth and emotions u get from it
    is powerful

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Ibid

And I like that you have a strong, satisfying sense of closure.

5. Tha-Emissary

Tha-Emissary Well-Known Member MEMBER

Painter
    Ratings:
    +7
    Wow, I feel a healing coming on! (Waving my hands in the air and shouting, "Amen!") You know most of us are reading this but you can read people. All of this is real to the point it makes you move inside. Honestly, I've benefited from your words and couldn't have spent my time any better than taking a moment to read this. Thanks for a Word!

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    Memories I remember, I think back........because I can not produce any...anymore. I wishfully think that a memory will live in my dream, so that I may live it once again. Alas it stays a memory not to redeem. I only wish, I could see it in my wildest dreams.

Beautiful Sister