Black People : Members of the African diaspora who went back to Africa and started businesses?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by WhatNeedsToBeDone, Nov 14, 2013.

1. WhatNeedsToBeDone

WhatNeedsToBeDone Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hello, i'm just looking for instances in which members of the African diaspora (whether African immigrants themselves or black westerners) came back to Africa and started sizable/large businesses in Africa.

If your not aware of any then do you legitimately have real plans for investing in Africa?

2. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    Yes. I will discuss this issue with you later this morning.

3. WhatNeedsToBeDone

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
  4. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    Good morning my brother, I was kind of in a rush early starting my morning routine I really was excited to see your post. I will be happy to discuss this with you and help you along the way to organizing your own set up. I'm like a mad scientist, you come to me with an idea of what you want and I will find an invention to make it a reality for you.

First off, there is land set aside for Africans of Diaspora in Ghana along the beeches, this is the area our ancestors were taken from as it said most of the slaves captured came from the coastal areas of West Africa. I want to speak with you today about intentional communities, funding and what can be accomplished such as what will be the benefits you could sell to people you want to recruit.

I would say if you don't have significant income then you will need to fund raise or form a collective group no less than 200 if most of you are lower income or mid income. I came up with formulas for a 200 person community that is worth taking a look at. I will present the figures first then suggest how the to wisely spend the money and how long it should take to get established. Let me say this to lift up your spirit first money is not needed to get started with this project, faith and persistence in planning, actions and follow up actions are the key ingredients.

Here's the formula,

Advertise with black and white flyers in your local African American community first, build a free website for listing information, establish a meeting place, a local library, church or park.

Compile a donor lists of as many as 1000 persons but you only need 200 to get going, its always good to have more than you need so if some fall off your project doesn't suffer.

Each donor agrees to contribute to a fund $200 USD per month which totals to $40,000 dollars.

In 6 months time frame the sum equals $240,000 USD and in a year $480,000 in a year. You will probably need about 250 donors to keep a steady sum like this going over this long of a period.

Most Eco-farms cost about between $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 USD, it will take you about two years of saving to reach this amount, unless you add more donors or find a safe investment for your deposits. You defiantly want to get with an account who is familiar with safe investments that have fast turn around. An Eco-farm of this size usually employs about 15-20 people, I'm not sure about the returns, I'm still investigating. However if you are starting community then you will need food first and agriculture is a good business as well. This is your first business but not your last so don't put all you have into this one basket but use the returns and the continued fund raising to fund the next investment. Which should be a school slash trade school that teaches children in the community and local children, its good to share because you never know if your community might run into trouble and need the others. You should invest in education for all the 200 people in your community, you will need folks skilled in various occupations so everything you need will be within your community thus making you self sufficient and self sustaining.

You will need to invest in solar energy training, solar energy equipment, Africa receives the highest amount of solar radiation in the world and doesn't need electrical power systems at all. Pay for the schooling of your community people in not only solar energy training and installation, but all skills needed to run a small village of about 200 people. A good model is the The Kingdom of Oyotunji African Villagen Sheldon, South Carolina the Oba/King gives classes in many subjects pertaining to farming, building homes, power and sewage systems, etc. Pay them a visit, call them about classes and send your members there to be trained in what they offer, you will be glad you did. http://www.oyotunji.org/about-oav.html

Lastly research community living or intentional, get every book you can find, watch all the videos on youtube pertaining to it and its cross subjects especially solar energy, small farming, herb gardening and so and so forth.

Here's their website.
    http://brotherecho.com/2012/06/24/intentional-communal-living-with-elevate-ojai-california/

5. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    Intentional communities are the beginning of the world change, nations will fall in the times we are living in as nations always do. African slaves came to the Americas on ships with about 200-300 slaves sometimes per cargo load, in my opinion this is how many will transition back to the Motherland after forming ahead intentional communities in which they can settle down and enjoy an even higher quality of life they ever had in any European country.

My fund raising ideas are formulas in which any person who can use to form their own conclave of 200-300 person intentional communities, they share a common vision, written agreements on how they shall conduct themselves, organizing education and sharing in all the profits from their investments. Such communities must be spiritually based and encourage scientific growth, striving to improve upon the quality of life for all members.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
  7. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    Ghana is cool if you just want to be the US showcase of American negroes in Africa, W.E.B Dubois the Boule sell out is buried there. The U.S set up camp in Ghana, has black agents settled there, the Ashanti people have been complaining for years how African Americans living there don't assist in helping poor Ghanaians but live to flash their wealth. So in other words you will see the same reality, White controlling Blacks via show cased wealthy Blacks who are still European in every way with an African twist or front. If you aim to be free and that means free of U.S control then I wouldn't go to Ghana nor Mali both are under U.S direct control. Choose somewhere you can go that is peaceful like Benin or Senegal where the U.S doesn't have direct control.

8. WhatNeedsToBeDone

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    Thank you for the post about free land in Ghana.

I've searched google for an official website to no avail. Is there an official/professional website for this or direct information available.(btw: yes, I did listen to the video).

I would like as much information as possible about it. I would ESPECIALLY like to know:
    - What zoning/usage rules apply.
    - How much (if any) taxes must be paid.
    - The infrastructure available in the area.
    - and as much info as possible...

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078