Site News : Member 2 Member Private Chat - For Everyone!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Destee, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've decided to open the Member 2 Member Private Chat up to the entire Family for a couple of days. This will allow everyone to see how it works, and let us see if it works for everyone! Already we're seeing some trouble, where some Members (aka Sister CocoButterSkyn) is not being able to enjoy it. No, she is not adopted! We Love Her and we are going to figure out why it's not working for her.

Again, this will allow everyone to get to use the feature for a little bit, while also allowing me to see the kind of load (giving it to everyone) will cause to our resources. They say it can be intense, but we'll see.

Family ... please share if you're able to use it easily, or if it is not working properly for you.

Below is a brief tutorial, with some screen shots, that will show you how to use it.

If you have any questions, please post them here.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Member to Member Private Chat !!!​

This new feature is much like yahoo's messenger, except it is for us only, Members at destee!

Just add people to your Friends List, and if they are a Premium Member, the two of you can network, talk, chat, right here on destee! You do have to be logged into the community, for this to work.

Okay ... i've tried to make a tutorial to get us started, but if you have questions, just let me know. It's all new to me too, so as usual, we're learning together! So if you figure out some new stuff, let us all know!

Brief Tutorial​

[​IMG]

The image above shows where you will find this new feature. It's at the bottom of your browser window, right above the task bar. You can click on any of the images, and play around with them.

:
    :

[​IMG]

The image above shows a REAL conversation between Sister Purple and i !!! Just so you can see how it's suppose to look on your end! It also shows that you can have multiple sessions going, talking to more than one Member in separate windows, at the same time!

:
    :

[​IMG]

The image above displays the Member Options. Click on the button to the far right, and you'll see this screen.

:
    :

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Okay Family ... some more stuff i'm learning as we go ...

1. A Member MUST be marked as a FRIEND, on your Friends List, in order for you to be able to talk with them. I just learned that there are a couple of designations on that list. A person can be on your list as a CONTACT, and not be listed as a FRIEND. Take a peek at the image below. See how Sister 4EVERLUV was on my list, but not designated specifically as FRIEND. So i put a check mark in the Friend Box by her name, and then scrolled on down the page, and clicked on SAVE CHANGES.

So make sure the person you are wanting to speak to you is marked as FRIEND, on your Friend List.

[​IMG]

:
    :

2. You can also add a Member to your Friend List by going to their profile page, and looking for the area that looks like the image below, and click on Befriend NubiaX ...

[​IMG]

:
    :

Okay ... that's it for now. Just sharing as i learn, yall please do the same, and of course if you have questions, ask.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee