Black People Politics : Melissa Harris-Perry walks away from her own MSNBC show complaining of network meddling

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit Standing Up,

Melissa Harris-Perry walks away from her own MSNBC show complaining of network meddling

In an email to coworkers, Melissa Harris-Perry said that she won't show up to host her MSNBC show this weekend after being replaced for two weeks for election coverage and allegedly losing editorial control ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/melissa-harris-perry-walks-away-221728240.html

[​IMG]
    Melissa Harris-Perry walks away from her own MSNBC show complaining of network meddling

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

MSNBC host boycotts network: ‘I am not a token, mammy, or little brown bobble head’

... “I will not be used as a tool for [management’s] purposes,” Harris-Perry wrote in the memo. “I am not a token, mammy, or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by [NBC News Chairman Andy] Lack, [MSNBC President Phil] Griffin, or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back. I have wept more tears than I can count, and I find this deeply painful, but I don’t want to be back on air at any cost” ...

http://nypost.com/2016/02/27/msnbc-...ot-a-token-mammy-or-little-brown-bobble-head/

upload_2016-2-27_21-5-38.png
    MSNBC host Melissa Harris-PerryPhoto: WireImage

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
  4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    :facepalm:

MSNBC will cut ties with Melissa Harris-Perry. Whatever happened here, it’s too bad

... This much is clear: A program that has broken the staid mold for weekend political shows is not on the air with its intended host and architect. That the status of a show on which guests and content have provided context and rare insight into a changing nation passes strange. Finally, that the show has been relegated to the realm of the non-essential during a presidential election in which who and what matters in the United States seem to be central questions, well, that just seems fundamentally unwise ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...bcs-token-whatever-happened-here-its-too-bad/

[​IMG]

She had it," MSNBC president Phil Griffin once said about MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry.(Heidi Gutman/MSNBC via Episodic)

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry refusing to appear for show

NEW YORK (AP) — The future of Melissa Harris-Perry's MSNBC talk show is in doubt after the host declared she would not appear this weekend in response to several weeks of its pre-emption by the network.

Harris-Perry, who is black, focuses on race, gender and politics on the discussion show, which she has hosted since 2012. She is also an author and a professor of political science at Wake Forest University.

The show, "Melissa Harris-Perry," is regularly scheduled from 10 a.m. to noon EST on Saturdays and Sundays. It did not air in February ...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/msnbcs-melissa-harris-perry-refusing-appear-show-073139186.html

[​IMG]

<p> In this Feb. 18, 2012 photo released by MSNBC, Melissa Harris-Perry appears on the set of her self-titled show in New York. Harris-Perry's MSNBC talk show was in doubt Friday, Feb. 26, 2016, after the host declared she would not appear this weekend in response to several weeks of its pre-emption by ...

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

MSNBC to Dump Melissa Harris Perry after Host’s Racist Outburst Against Network Executives

... but her latest outburst got her fired.
    The Washington Post reported:

MSNBC intends to part ways with host Melissa Harris-Perry after she complained about preemptions of her weekend program and implied that there was a racial aspect to the cable-news network’s treatment, insiders at MSNBC said ...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...rris-perry-after-hosts-racist-critical-email/

[​IMG]

Jim Hoft Feb 28th, 2016 8:44 am 220 Comments

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    You go Melissa.

Melissa Harris-Perry rejects MSNBC deal in scathing farewell

On Tuesday, the outgoing MSNBC host said that her exit negotiations with the network fell through after she refused to accept the terms of a non-disparagement clause that she described as "a gag order" ...

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/01/media/melissa-harris-perry-msnbc-farewell/index.html

[​IMG]

Melissa Harris-Perrry
    Melissa Harris-Perry has chosen the freedom to speak over an exit package