Black Spirituality Religion : Melchizedek: No Beginning And No Ending

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MysteryDoors, May 12, 2008.

1. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    THE PRIESTLY ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK

Hebrew 7: 1-3
    1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Who was the mysterious Melchizedek?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I was always curious as to his identity, as well. I have my ideas, but I will not try to act like I'm all knowing or I have the answer. During my days, when I cared a rat's *** about the validity of the Bible, Islam and all that other stuff, I would formulate different stuff and ponder metaphysics. I am as indifferent now about him as most people are about Doublehead.

Enlightment us, if you choose....

Blackbird (the anti-intellectual and anti-metaphysician)

3. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Some people believe that he was a true priest for God during a time when most people on earth didnt worship God

Others believe he is an earlier incarnation of Jesus 'because He Had no beginning and no end" and he gave abraham bread and wine just like jesus did later on. Also God made several different appearances as a man in the old testament before he came in the form of christ.

this is just one of those mysteries that will be reveal when Jesus comes back I guess.

4. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Melchizedek, Jesus Christ, Michael the Archangel

If you implying that Jesus Christ was Melchizedek in old testament, then Jesus Christ or Lord also can be considered as Michael the Archangel.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:

Revelation 12:7-9. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

5. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
  6. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Melchizadek... the sage of Salem

Ok, what is your point? Give me a brief description of what you call deep.

Hebrew 7: 1-3
    1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Who was the mysterious Melchizedek?

7. Bootzey

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863

Melchizadek of the Bible is a curious character. He comes out of nowhere and Abraham just listens to him and turns over 10% of his worth? That doesn’t sound crazy to you? Would you do that? If so, let me know where you want to meet. Even the location of Abraham’s home town was addressed? When I was in Bible school, I was told that that part of the legend was made up. All this occured in the same part of the world. This article made me think, reconsider, and research what I thought I was sure of. Even if it's all made up, I had to pause and meditate.

That’s what I meant by deep.

Peace.

8. Bootzey

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    According to the article, Abraham's spiritual advisor

9. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Ok, I don't recall saying that the bible is literal, and if you check most of my posts on religion spirituality you will find that I indicated that the bible is based on mythology.

Therefore, the bible mythical stories contain symbolic meaning in which are moral lessons.

Are you implying that the biblical story about Melchizadek and Abraham is a real historical account? Did they actually exist?

10. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    The bible is literal but there are times were the bible uses metaphors or parables