Black Poetry : Melancholy My Ex

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Eric Mitchell, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Eric Mitchell

Eric Mitchell Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I think Melancholy has been stalking me. We were together for longer than I care to remember. I do remember how she chased away all but my closest friends. So possessive was she, that she filled my mind with guilt if I even thought about going out. Melancholy would hold me in her arms for months at a time, constantly telling me that we were meant for each other. And like a fool I believed every word she said. She had my head twisted with lies about this person and that person. It got to the point where I couldn’t trust anybody but her. Or so I thought. That is, until the day she asked me to prove my devotion to her. She said, “Baby, show me how much you love me. Let’s leave this world together.” The next thing I know, there was a gun in my hand and I’m raising it toward my head. One more second and I would’ve been dead, but there was a knock at the door. When I opened it, no one was there . Melancholy was furious at the interruption that had brought me back to my senses. And for the first time, I realized she meant me no good. I told her to get all her stuff and get the heck outta here. She left reluctantly, but promised she’d be back. You think a brotha didn’t go get a restraining order? Shiiiit, I ain’t the one, and we definitely ain’t the two. Since then, I’ve moved on. I got new friends, and a new girl. Sometimes when I look out of my window I could swear Melancholy is somewhere out there peering at me. My new girl tells me I’m just imagining things. Her name is Joy.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sometime after a love imbondment
    deep in the mind one remain and
    it can get crossed wit vision
    i feel ya on this deep mental drop !

3. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    deep drop
    flow on

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I'm glad you found joy, it's such a wonderful replacement. Great word play and ease of flow. glad you've hung your hat here.

5. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +162
    What a joy to behold...now you can :jumping: for joy...you can :lol: for joy...and last but not lease...you can :luvv: for joy.this was tight, such a moving piece.